PEAX Equipment

2012 AZ Coues

Thanks for the reply's fellas. I haven't been on in awhile so I'm glad everyone enjoys the pictures.
He is a cool buck for sure but not as old as he looks. He just recently shed his velvet, in fact there were still strips in around his pedicles, so his antlers were extremely white. Teeth had very little wear and he had zero battle scars. Good genetics and a buck on the verge of taking over as best as I can tell. his beams have a really tight curl and are bladed which gives the illusion of mass but its a cool gene rather than age. It tricked me good trying to field judge him through the glass. Not that it would have mattered but, I miss judged him by quite a bit adn I looked at him for over an hour. Just an odd antler configuration. He is a pretty sucker though. It was an interesting hunt to say the least. I'd probably hunt it again given there is a 4pt genetic in that mess. I kind of want one now:D

That's an awesome Coues! Great pic too.

Out of curiosity-was your dad in the service? He looks a lot like a guy I knew years ago.
Nah Shooter, pops was never in the service. He hasn't wandered very far from the mother land at all in his 57yrs so just a doppelganger no doubt.

Good luck the on the rest of your hunts boys- I'll do my damnedest to show up a little more often...

Late,

Dave

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back