2010 Mulies

AustinL

I am new to the site and thought I would share these pictures of the 2010 mulies that my dad and I harvested last season. These bucks both came off the same ranch here in Texas that we get to hunt for just a handshake and some vension.

These bucks were both shot the last morning of the season. My buck was spotted crossing a fallow field with a herd of does. I made a stalk to get to the area where I expected them to exit the field and drop into the canyons to bed. I planned alittle too well and had does crossing the fence within 15 yards while the buck was still 150 yards out giving me a slightly quartering too shot. He dropped mearly a few yards away.

We loaded my buck into the truck and moved out into the pasture to field dress him in a more discreet location when we spotted a herd of does 3/4 of a mile away with a hoss of a buck in tow. As soon as we spotted him I told my dad to grab his gun we need to make a move on this buck now. We planned a good stalk and cut the distance to 275 yards where we hit a ravine that we could not cross without being spotted. My dad set up on his shooting sticks and made a great shot dropping his best mule deer in it's tracks.

The best part of the hunt was getting to share the entire experiance with my dad. All the years and miles he has drug me around it was nice to return the favor and get him a truely incredible mule deer for our part of the state.

Attachments

• 2010muledeer.jpg
    2010muledeer.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 223
  • dads20102.jpg
    dads20102.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 237
Double with your dad!!! nice and really nice respectively.

Last edited:
Lets call it the very south eastern corner of the panhandle for for geography purposes. We call it west texas though.

Welcome to the site those are some nice looking mulies looks like the part of texas i turkey hunted this spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back