2010 Colorado muley is finished !

Thanks much everyone ! :cool:

Whoa! It is called flehming ! :eek:

konasage,

Thats funny just because the buck is a Pinion Mesa buck and the bull is from the Uncompahgre. I have only seen one bull from Pinion Mesa with 3rds like mine and that was 2 years ago and they were 23 inches long (my bulls 3rds are 21"). The bulls with the better thirds I have seen usually come off the Unc. :)

Quinton

So flehming is another word for coughing, not bugling? I don't get it, why would you want your deer mounted like he was coughing?:confused:

Whoa! maybe you are trying to be funny but you come off as a smart ass. (or the opposite I'm not sure). Either way It is a mount in a pose that you may not have chosen so keep it to yourself.

images of flehmen

10743151-md.jpg

Abstract
Flehmen is a stereotyped response of ungulates and other mammals to urine. In black-tailed deer, Flehmen occurs typically in males (rarely in females), and its frequency shows an annual cycle. Flehmen in response to female urine was most frequent in November, and to male urine in January. The response minimum to both types of urine occurred in May. Fifty-five to 100% of initial responses to female urine resulted in Flehmen. The deer responded more often to female urine, and the difference between the responses to female and male urine increased from May to November. A male''s own urine released Flehmen more often than did urine of other males. The response intensity varied with the spatial orientation of the male to the urinating female, and responses were usually limited to distances of 15 m or less.

Key words Artiodactyls - black-tailed deer - Flehmen - Odocoileus hemionus columbianus - reproductive behavior - seasonal variation - ungulates - urine

I don't get it, do they make sounds when they do that like an elk?

Whoa!,

They typically do not make a noise while they are doing this although they do grunt. Here is what I was going for.

coolmuley.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back