2006 bull elk

WHT_MTNMAN

I felt a little pressure (I put it on myself) to shoot a good bull having waited for 10 years for a tag here in Az. The year I manage to get drawn I am in dental school, and my time to hunt is short, so that makes the stress worse. ( I kept telling myself just to have fun, but I had waited a long time) I spent 20 days scouting during July-Sept. (weekends) and had a few good bulls picked out. I messed up a stalk on a big bull opening morning i had videod and then proceded to miss a giant bull that evening. Got short video of him. On the second day made a few stalks and called in a bunch of small bulls and then shot this bull at 7 yards at 4:45pm. He is far from the biggest bull I found but I made the decision to shoot and did not regret it, I'm completely happy. He is a smaller than the pics show, thanks again to my photographer :D
Anyway here is video and pictures. It looks like I waited too long to shoot but who cares. He went about 100 yards and fell over.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v236/khdavis/?action=view&current=2006killshot.flv

2006bullelk.jpg

2006bullelk1.jpg

Smitty the big one was huge, I just didn't have enough guts to keep waiting, If the video on the web does it justice I'll post video of the big one. Thanks for the comments.

WHT_MTNMAN said:
Smitty the big one was huge, I just didn't have enough guts to keep waiting, If the video on the web does it justice I'll post video of the big one. Thanks for the comments.
I wish I was there this year to enjoy the rut in Arizona nothing like it. You did good man. What unit was that. Thanks Okiebugle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back