Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2006 blacktail buck

Leanne

So here is my 2006 buck, one shot to the chest at 50 yards with a .54 calibur muzzleloader, took out the heart and one lung. The buck ran about 20 yards and was stone dead in the ground.

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

Congratulations! That's a great looking first buck, and it's impressive you got him with the smokepole.

Very nice! Way to go on the successful hunt. Taken with a muzzleloader - even more impressive!

This is not my first buck, he was my fourth, all taken with a smokepole. I thought he had a pretty unique set of horns for a blacktail...he was an old boy, his teeth were almost gone when I got to him.

Kudos on he deer !! And welcome to our campfire.

Mtmiller likes the Smoke pole matter of fact......I think he's taken critters with one ?

Thats alot of big leaves and Ferns on the ground. Is all the terrain look like thatthere ?

Moosie,
There are a lot of ferns, and leave due to the alders and maples.....but then there is also a lot of black berry bushes that closely resemble hell, and swampy draws that can suck your boots off if you are not careful. There is a lot of evergreen trees, all that stuff makes hunting in western washington a challenge but it is worth it. Did I mention it rains here all the time?

thanks for the welcome!!

Leanne

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back