Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm still planning this trip for you guys even though I'm going up this year. Jsut wanted to Keep that in Mind. I will be seeing first hand how this Operation runs while I'm there and We'll get some of the Nitty gritty talk out of the way when I'm up there.

I think We'll start getting all the Facts and Getting Serious around the 1st of the Year though. I should have ALL my costs and Info from this trip and a bit of First hand under my belt....

I know ALOt of people were wanting to come, but liek with the Bear hunt, When It came time to pay, not everyone was in
wink.gif
Give me a shout out on who might be interested and a % of your comitment...

Not Exact cost but some Costs to think about :

Trip there Alaska Air : $600
Drop plane $1,200 - $1500
tags bou $325
licence $85
food @ $25/day for 6 days = $150
Night stay (Optional) $100

There is a lot of other small costs if you want for Supplies and Food or whatever, Alo Meat shipping, Hide tanning, tipping, Ect. But alot of costs depend on you for those...

Keep the $3000 in mind for the Trip but You could get away with less too...

I'm in @ 100%
elkgrin.gif

If the price is right for us to travel up there to get 2 caribou a piece my dad and I might be able to make it. $3,000 is pretty expensive, if we can somehow get up there for around $1,500 each it would be a lot easier!!
biggrin.gif

Put us at 50% for now.
smile.gif

I might be in. Depending of course whats going on for me next year (hunts, job..etc).

TK, first off, I'm guessing you'll be HARD pressed to get the cost under 3k. Just add up all the costs. People that say they hunted bou' for 1.5 K aren't telling you all the costs. (Unless its a local and they fly in on a deal trip and have no Shipping costs and the trip from the lower 48, Becasue I know a few guys that don't spend near that if they're up there)

Other things are taxidermy fees too there tk
biggrin.gif
Remember I'm inviting you to hunt with me, NOT trying to make a hunt sound cheap and then slamming you with Hidden costs
smile.gif
I'm a hunter not a booking agent (OUCH !!!!
wink.gif
)

I will let you know for sure when the date gets more firm. I am required to take annual exams to maintain my license and they aren't very flexable on timing.

Snake river, 5 days in AK won't take you too much away fronm the bass fishing
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Don't need any comitments now, Just throwing out the Idea.

OHH BOY OHHH BOY.. I'm thinknig about '04 already
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ELKY, you're going with us right ? Stop buying all them DAM guns and spend some of that $$ on a trip
biggrin.gif

Moosie, I haven't bought a rifle in awhile now. Just don't know if I can scape up the dough. Might be sittin on the sidelines with TK. Have to do vacations with LB also.

DO this... TAKE a VACATION AK cruise... have a 5 day layover, both you guys come hunting.. then hop back on the Boat
biggrin.gif

I know LB, she'd love to be in a tent with us at camp
cool.gif

Hmmmmmmm.........If I don't think I could scape up the dough for the hunt, what makes you think I could scrape up even more for a cruise for two on top of the hunt?
rolleyes.gif

Yes..
We could all have an out of state hunt at Elky's place..LMAO!!!
But that doesn't do much for Bill and Michele now does it..Or maybe it does, they don't have to spend the money on a vacation to see every one, every one comes to their house for the vacation...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL Nut
biggrin.gif

Hey Oscar...I'm in 100%
wink.gif

If you loan me the money to go. Let's set it up on a 60 month note at 4% and no payments till January 2005
biggrin.gif

Finally!!! Someone else thinks Russ is a smart ass, actually I like to think of him as a dumb ass. Either way, he is still an ass.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Moosie:

Unless something really unexpected happens, I will retire June 30th 2004 with an adequate income. I will be 56 and not as spry as I once was but there's still some fire in the stove.

I plan to spend all of July sleeping. Then spend all of August and September in Alaska. My current plans are to fly to Dillingham and use that as my base camp for several 10 to 15 day hunts. I suppose that Illiamna would work just as good.

Possible sorties include a canoe trip from the Wood River Lakes to Aleknagek, maybe a float trip from the Tik-Chik Lakes to the Nushagak River and maybe a drop camp via a plane with tundra tires to hunt the Mulchatna herd.

Or maybe a float trip down the Mulchatna River where we could hunt moose and black bear in the river bottom and hunt 'bou on the ridges.

I'm looking for companions on all or part of the hunts.

KC

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back