2 questions

Bwana

Just picked up a used PSE Bandit for my youngest boy but need to get some arrows and possibly a release. Any suggestions on what to look for?

My "new" bow is nearly 20 years old so I am still shooting aluminum arrow and using my own fingers instead of a release. Therefore I need some guidance from you gents in the know on what I should be looking for for my boy. FYI - the boy is only 10 but if he gets proficient enough I MIGHT be willing to let him try for deer with me this fall.

Any suggestions?

If you can get carbons to spine properly for your sons bow I would probably go that route on arrows. They should last longer and he won't have a problem bending them pulling them from a target. I know at his age I had a habit of bending aluminum arrows pulling them. As for a release I'd take a trip to an archery shop and look over a few different ones. I'd suggest one with some adjustability in the length as he'll be able to use it longer, plus a good adjustable trigger will allow you to adjust to a safe trigger pull for him.

I agree if you go to a pro shop they will let him test some different ones as well that way he can find one that fits and shoots well for him. I shoot Gold Tip arrows and really like them any carbon or graphite type arrow should do you as they dont bend they will break though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back