Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2 more bears down and that ends my season.

Daniel in Ak

Pictures soon when Im not tired.Gotta get all the gear up and the boat worked on,and of all things I gotta help momma with her dad-gum yard sale.Daniel

Bears down...

ok so I met a fella from a local website that was asking about the Yukon River and I told him to call me as I could answer some questions.

Long story short.He's Retired Military and he invited his friend who ha! is my neighbor and is Active Duty.Ok! SO I invite them to go since I was pulling my bait and drums,and heck they said they'd pay for all my fuel and food.

Come on Im no Rocket Scientist,but I figured that was a good trade off for two bears.

So we head north from Fairbanks at 7 pm Friday nite and we head for the stand.
IMGP2791.jpg

Doing what I always do.....Glassing that shoreline.
IMGP2789.jpg

At the landing site we see bear tracks...
DSC00648.jpg

I have them on stand at 12.43 am and I hit the the sack back at camp when I wake up to gun fire......yeah you heard that right.GUN FIRE! not a gun shot.Turns out they got cold and went down to the river built a fire and one of em fell asleep.The other on an hour later checks out the bait station to see a bear with its head in the drum.He sneeks back and wakes up the other guy........(what a pal) and tells him to get up and go over to shoot that bear.

So They sneek up there and they both tag the bear only to see a 2nd bear off to the right and they both put the smack down on him.Hot dang a double on bears and guess what? Just under three hours on stand they shot them at 3:49am Needless to say we broke camp and was back in town 2 pm Saturday afternoon hanging out with the Taxidermist.Thats so awesome an 19 hour hunt and two bears down and two new friends.
IMGP2796.jpg

IMGP2804.jpg

total time hunting on stands.......10 hours 16 minutes and 6 bears down.Back at the campsite breaking camp.
DSC00661.jpg

Them dark nosed bears are not easy to come by.I have him on my trail cam pics as well...
IMGP2813.jpg

Might as well get my mug shot in...
IMGP2833.jpg

IMGP2836.jpg

I sure was tired since I only had a two hour nap,and what a better place than napping on a couple of bear rugs.
IMGP2835.jpg

And at the Taxidermist...
IMGP2849.jpg

Jose I think we used something in the neighborhood of 200 pounds of dog food 400 pounds of Sweet feed (wet) bout half a dozen cans of Anise spray,a few bottles of Anise,4 gallons of Molasses,4 galons of Bear somehting or another(its red and thick like molasses and about 300 pounds of bread.
Yeah alot of work.And I just put up in the garage 132 pounds of dog food and gave my last 2 50 pound bags of feed to my friend that has horses.And thanks for the Kudos.Daniel

Muleslyr

Thanks a bunch dude.And you know it was alot of initial work and a little everytime we went out,but we did get rewarded for all that hard work in a short amount of time.

Not to mention 3 flat tires and two cracked windshields and afew extra dents,but it was worth it to see everyone get a bear.Thanks Daniel

Back