2 man tent

Yep. A tight 2 man, but the extra body heat will keep you from having to bring a heavier sleeping bag!
lol. what happens in hunting camp ,stays in hunting camp.:love:

some may laugh or even be disgusted but my partners will generally opt for sleeping in the open and I haven't had this tactic backfire yet.

Last edited:
For backpacking, I would get one of those bivy tents like what you see Randy use in his episodes on hard to access public land using the helicopter. I slept in something like that years ago when I was in better shape for both hunting and fishing. They are not expensive and if you shop around, you'll find they withstand a lot of weather and retain heat in cold bitter winters. They have two man bivy tents but I would not sleep in one with another person. They would mess with me too much. I snore LOL and admit it.

I have 3 different types of shelters and I don’t even feel like thats adequate. Like everybody else I would recommend the copper spur for a traditional style of tent.

I am in a similar boat to you and had the same tough decision to make. I narrowed my search to the BA copper spur and a Nemo. I ended up with the BA and so far am very happy. I found mine on sale and got the copper spur hotel that has the large vestibule. First impressions: super light. Enough room for me an gear comfortably. I have had my 5 year old and 2 sleeping pads in it no problem with gear stored in vestibule. Might be tight with 2 full grown adults but very doable. The hotel vestibule is worth the extra ounces. My hunting partner went the North face 2 man light tent route. It was 6 pounds. The copper spur with hotel vestibule weighs around 3.75 pounds. The BA quality is excellent but you are paying for less weight than other brands. So far happy with my decision. Good luck

Attachments

• 614460BE-4B42-4823-B99E-D020A0E6A4CE.jpeg
    614460BE-4B42-4823-B99E-D020A0E6A4CE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • D91C434C-97FB-44F0-8C19-4CF9F9D02E62.jpeg
    D91C434C-97FB-44F0-8C19-4CF9F9D02E62.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Look at the square footage to weight ratio. I'd look for something like 17 sq ft per person (check that as I'm going from memory). As said a decent vestibule and a rain fly that allows ventilation. You'll want the rain fly regardless to keep condensation off the tent. You can go with a lighter tent if you pack a bag liner and sleep in more clothes as long as it will hold up to the weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back