19 firefighters dead

junior88

19 firefighters from the Granite Mountain hot shot team died earlier today fighting a wildfire near the town of Yarnell. Apparently half of the homes in Yarnell have also been lost. It was a lightning caused fire. High winds and 100 degree plus temps fueled the fire. Largest single loss of firefighters since 9/11. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families. What a horrific tragedy.

Such a terrible loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with their families and co-workers.

Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends and fellow firefighters out there and everywhere.

It rained hard in Prescott today, a real gully washer, our first taste of the long awaited monsoon. Some folks were literally dancing in the streets, thinking that this rain meant the end of danger from the fires that have been burning so close to home. Then the news from down the hill came, and no one feels like dancing anymore. Prayers for the men that gave their lives. Prayers for their wives, their children, their mothers and their fathers. Prayers for calm-- that the wind will lay down and the lightning will cease. Prayers that those who are still out on the lines will return safely to those that they love.
And prayers for rain-- to put out the fires and to wash away the tears.

Last edited:
I just read it on the news. What a terrible way to die. My thoughts are with the families and I hope they get the fire under control fast

Prayers to those that lost their loved ones and prayers to those that are battling the fire. I have a feeling it is going to be an awful fire season in the west.

R.I.P. Brothers. Sorry for the loss in this community. This wound will be there for a long time.

My prayers go out to the families of the firefighters. Horrible loss.

A lot of things had to go wrong to cause such a horrible tragedy. I hope their families fare ok.

It takes a special man to willingly walk into the woods and fight fires. We are awfully lucky they exist and must be grateful for sacrifices like this. May God accept them gentlely into Heaven and comfort their loved ones here on Earth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back