16d&a and 6a on fire NM

ballplyr6

3 decent fires in the gila which is effecting 16d and a for u out of staters. They been going on for about a month I believe.

unit 6a is also on fire as of couple days ago and tha5 fire is pretty bad compared to the gila ones. This post is just for people that haven't known about them.

Last edited:
Collins park got burned, elk mountain is all.burned and burned about 27000 acres, all burned across from rainy mesa. New fire popped up couple.days ago in 16b that will affect the 705 and aeroplane mesa. Apache creek does have a fire camp there. Saw tons of trailers there.and catering trailers

Every fire in 16a, 16d, and most fires in 16b got dumped on with rain the past two days. I looked at most of them yesterday. Very little smoke visible. Turkey Fire in south of of Gila Wilderness is only one that's probably still expanding a bit.

Humm
Sir is unit 16a/16b burning again or did you not notice this thread is a couple years old?

Good to hear I was there couple weeks ago and it was pretty dry everywhere we went.

Nothing out of control in the Gila.
Control burns or lightning strikes.
Fire Camp going on too in 16d.
Looks like some lightning strikes caused some new ones over the last few days. Good news is you all are getting some rain with these storms. On the outside, it is nerve racking to have a new fire that is almost blocked out on the map because of all my waypoints. :oops: I'm trying out some new rain dances...

Collins park got burned, elk mountain is all.burned and burned about 27000 acres, all burned across from rainy mesa. New fire popped up couple.days ago in 16b that will affect the 705 and aeroplane mesa. Apache creek does have a fire camp there. Saw tons of trailers there.and catering trailers
yeah, my neighbor has been packing in food and supplies on horseback for fire crew.

Looks like some lightning strikes caused some new ones over the last few days. Good news is you all are getting some rain with these storms. On the outside, it is nerve racking to have a new fire that is almost blocked out on the map because of all my waypoints. :oops: I'm trying out some new rain dances...
Please let us know how that new Rain dance works, we haven't had a good rain fall since mid July. one fast moving storm blow through that's it.

Please let us know how that new Rain dance works, we haven't had a good rain fall since mid July. one fast moving storm blow through that's it.
You will tell me how it works. :) Flows are favorable and it looks like they expect good rain in the Gila over the next few days and maybe some flooding.

This is OnX source. Some of the fires aren't on Inciweb yet, so there is no perimeter or writeup. I hope this is because they are brief, small, and rain puts them out.?

If they don’t make inciweb they probably aren’t worth worrying about.

Back