Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

13 DAYS!!!!!!

C.C. You take Mucho Pictures 'K.. I want to Post some here from Your trip!!!!!

Good luck to ya and LIke I always say... Wish I could be going with ya!!!!!!

Califcoyotes, good luck on your pig hunt. Hope you get a big un and have a lot of fun.

Good luck, California coyote! The piggies should be nice and fat now and hopefully still have a winter coat. If you get a big ol' boar, are you gonna have him mounted? Or are you after a meat pig?

Hi, Calif. Coyote - sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. A 150 pound dry sow (no teats hanging down) would a really nice meat hog, especially this time of year when they've been eating lots of green grass. Even a 200 pound dry sow would be good now, I bet. In general, I find that it's only the really old sows or the boars that don't make good meat. And if you bone out the meat and get it cooled as soon as possible, a Spring-time boar may not be that bad! Cook slow, lots of moisture and maybe marinate in fruit juice, soy sauce, Italian dressing or a combination of the above. I like to bake 'em at about 300 degrees in a covered turkey roaster for about 5 or 6 hours, then finish them off of on the barbecue witht lots of sauce. Careful, though...you may need a spatula to turn them over as the meat just falls apart....great sandwiches!

I only heard good things about cross country outfitters. You have to watch out for some of thoses fly by night jobs, there are alot of pig guides between King City and Paso Robles, some not very ethiical.

John

meat hogs depend on different variables like time of year, weather (heat) and food sources it seems as though your hogs on the west coast are better eaters than what we have! probably the weather and food sources! i have killed alot of hogs and we usually eat the ones in the 100 pound and less catagory, the big ones are usually tough and will flat drive ya out of the kitchen!

Calihntr seems to have a good idea on what your looking for!

CC, IM sure your pumped and ready to go!! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back