Caribou Gear Tarp

12-6 day of ducking

Nemont

My duck hunting buddies and I went out to our blind on Saturday during a snow storm. Got to the blind at 11:00 a.m. and set up and ready to shoot at 11:20. As soon as we sat down the ducks started to come in. We shot our limit and were back to the boat ramp by 12:45.
Our Blind
077622.jpg

Picking Up
077620.jpg

My buddies doing all the work
077617.jpg

All our Chit
077619.jpg

The ducks
077621.jpg

Nemont

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-08-2003 10:42: Message edited by: Nemont ]</font>

Rub it in, rub it in. Looks like you had some great waterfowling weather.

I just noticed the folding chairs. Doesn't look like you had to rough it too bad.
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-08-2003 11:00: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

MTMiller,
I have not roughed it much this year. We are able to sit on folding chairs in our blind. It has been an awesome waterfowl season this year. We have been making Jerky every other week. On Thurs., Fri. and Sat. of this week I am taking a couple of day off and will be hunting geese in the morning and ducks and pheasants in the afternoon. Maybe will even fit in shooting a couple of Whitetail does since the farmers and ranchers are begging people to thin out the does. Makes a good donation to the food bank.
Nemont

Moosie,
Where we have our blind set up is on the river and our experience has been that if you go early in the morning the ducks are leaving the water to go out and feed. When they are leaving to feed they really don't care about our decoys at all. By around 11:00 a.m. they start returning to the water.
I have about 10 guys who hunt waterfowl and we have taken a lot of ducks this year and no one has gotten out to the blind before 9:00 a.m. Anyway that is our way of doing it.
Nemont

Nemont, Awsome Pictures... THE TIME's you posted seem ODD though. Is that Standard HUnting times ?!?!

Cool pictures, Thats why I bring a Camera. When there is Work to be done I tell my buddies I need to take a Few pictures
wink.gif

Congrats and Keep them Pictures coming !!!!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back