11_16 Crazy Orgy !!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
HEy Gunner... where is the Pictures of Todays KILL ? GEt busy posting boy !!!

PS< My wife walked into the Haouse and Asked what I've been cooking.. said it Smelled like "chicken"...
wink.gif
(HEHE)

Ahh... Here is the Geese/ducks we got today ..

--->>>>
duckfied.jpg
<<<<-----

Ohh wait.. that wasn't us. This was :

cornfield.jpg

Notice all the Geese in it, Thats how many we got too
wink.gif

Fortunately, After My 2 bosses Bailed (Not wanting to pick up the Decoys I'm sure ...
wink.gif
Gunner showed me were the Pheasants were. We were driving in the Truck, not wanting to get out. Kind of like we Elk hunt. You remember the Story, Pink & Eminem on the CD player. Cell phones to the ear. Drinking our Coffee' Late's . When Out of the Bushes this Rooster Jumped up in front of us and Hit my Licence Plate !!!!! Darn Silly Idaho Pheasants .

Nothing like Posing with someone elses roadkill game !!!!

DSC00026.sized.jpg

DSC00024.sized.jpg

As with most adventures, Moosie tends to leave out some of the details. And with his spelling, it is just as well that he writes short stories....

So, I have been catching some comments, about me being a tree-hugger, and not really a hunter, 'cuz I ain't been seen shooting critters by our Boss here. Now I admidt that I do care about the animals, so I did my best to preserve the Duck populations of SW Idaho by inviting Moosie and Associates, LLC. out Goose hunting. That way I could make sure no Goose or Duck were to die.
shhh.gif

The day started kinda bad when everybody showed up to the Double Wide out here at the Trailer Park, and I was still trying to get into the gunsafe.... Let's see, now it is 4 times to the Right until 38 shows up after 72... then back to the Left 2 times until 45 shows up after 22, then back .... nope... maybe it is 4 times until 72 shows up, then after 16, then 3 times to the right to 60, then.... nope... that's not it...
shhh.gif
Shhh... everybody be quiet, I am trying to remember how to open the safe... Meanwhile, to be funny, they all start hollerin' their IQ's 66,... 84,... 12(that one was Moosie's).

But, due to perserverence, and a bit of luck, the correct numbers aligned, and the safe came open. Then it was to find shells... Let's see.... here is one... yep, another over here... and two more over here... "Hold them to the light, and you can see what size shot they are...."

And then, we dispatched the 4 man search party to find my Camo Gore-tex rain coat, as there was a hint of rain... The coat was found in short-order, and all we had left was the Lucky Goose Call to find. But unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found...
frown.gif

I had to go with the new Hybrid Flute/Call, and I just new it was gonna be a long day...

So we drive to the field, four hunters for three pick-ups for 2 miles of driving....

Still plenty dark, so we drop two pick-ups and go get the decoy trailer... And after hooking on the trailer, we proceed to drive around the block, with the back door open, spewing an unknown amount of decoys on the roadway. When I discover the problem, I jump into Moosie's rig, and after three attempts to get back on the road (it is a Chevy...), I go flying back in my tracks, watching someother pick-up stop, back-up, and pick up a decoy or two... I gathered up the remaining stragglers, and head back to the setting up.
frown.gif

We started setting up the decoys, and then we had to have a discussion on to the proper lay-out. One of us *cough*Moosie*cough* had read somewhere that you should have two groups, with a landing area in the middle, instead of doing it the Correct way and putting out lots of family groups.

While setting up the Goose decoys, the Ducks decided to try and land in the field. Now Ducks in Cornfields have three distinguishing characteristics: 1). They will circle endlessly, without care of you walking in the decoys, 2.) more and more will joining the cirlcing mass of Ducks, and 3.) they are terribly easy to shoot.

I am not going to mention any names, but somebody missed about 50 ducks....

Well, back to the Goose decoys, we ended up with some sort of "compromise" layout, which, when viewed from above spelled out Go Away!.

Now I admidt, I have gotten a bit lazy on the fine art of decoy placement, as I prefer hunting on fields that the Geese were going to land in on their own.

Then it was time to conceal ourselves. As concealment is a very important part of waterfowl hunting. 'Cept somebody brought Indoor/Outdoor carpeting, 16x20 tarps, and Powdered Sugar Doughnuts.
rolleyes.gif

It was a bit of a slow day for flights of Geese, as they were a bit late waking up, and a bit slow in working toward us. There are a couple of other decoy set-ups between us and the water they sit on at night, and it was slow for everybody.

We had pretty continuous groups coming near our field, and a few would turn and go directly over. Finally 4 decided to come in low, they circled 3 times in range, before we let them fly off to the adjacent field, where they landed and proceeded to watch us try and call other Geese for about an hour.

The numbers of flights were probably OK, but they are incredibly "decoy shy", or so it seems. We discussed the reasons, and of course it went from lay-out, concealment, water-ballet type movements of a couple of the decoys, and my favorite, Re-Introduction of Wolves in Idaho.

More flights, more callin', and more not shooting. We got pretty good at "turning" the geese, as soon as you would call, they would turn and fly away.

Moosie tried to make a sneak on some Roosters that were walking across the field, but every time he would move, they would move away. He claimed he was close to one, but we didn't hear any shooting, so I am guessing he was making up the story.

Well, after calling it quits, we picked up the decoys (It seemed to take Twice as long to pick them up as it did to set them out....) , and decided that we would go kick the Pheasants up out of this corner weed patch.

I explained where we would walk, where the Rooster would jump up, where it would fly, and how to kill it. I thought it was pretty clear directions, so we walked where I said to, the Rooster jumped when I said he would, and the Gunner dropped him before Moosie could even shoulder his gun. (Nothing like enjoying the "Home Field Advantage" for the Gunner). There was a late follow-up shot for the "Assist".....

So there's the story, almost all of it true... So many words, so few dead birds....

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-16-2003 19:44: Message edited by: ElkGunner ]</font>

How does a Guy Reply to all those lies ?!?! LEt's see ....

The day started out pretty much like the Gunner said. I called him 8 mins before we were suposed to show up (2 mins early because when it comes to hunting I'm always on time if not early.) Someone said they were up but I heard him jumping out of bed. I think someones alarm didn't go off ...

We showed up at his 5,800 Ft Sq. Shack. He was in the one part of the 5 car Garage (Notice he only has one Truck. But the other 4 Stalls are filled with Racks of White Water Equipment and probably a Storage for Sportsmans warehouse. He was fumbling with the Safe trying to open it still pulling his Pants up from just rolling out of bed I'm sure.

Gunner was too good to hop into the truck with us. He had 2 new 4-wheelers in the back of his that he really wanted to show off to his Yuppie buddies that were driving by.

The night before Gunner asks if I had some Decoys, this being asked, I think he doesn't have any.. I tell him about the dozen Super mags, 2 dozen mags, about 7 or 8 dozen regular shells. If we needed more we could use some Floaters that looked OK but I should have enough. Well, little did I know that I show up and Gunner has a enclosed trailer with about 8 dozen Big FOOTS in there. The guys had already started hauling the shells out to the field while Him and I went to get the bigfoots. So there we were, about 350 Decoys and about an 80 Acre field.

My plan was to set up 2 groups, larger ones, and then a couple smaller family ones to the side with a little opening in the middle. Gunner thought to spread the Decoys over the entire 80 Acres and leave nothing for the geese to land. But hey, It was his place so I let him do as he wished
shhh.gif

Ask him what field the geese landed in ~~

As we were setting out the Decoys, Legal shooting light came. I grabbed the Shotgun and Blasted at what I thought were a bunch of Flies but apperently they were ducks. They were bugging me non the less and the 2 shots I rang out cleared the sky and let me get the rest of the Decoys to set up. Little did I know there was no hurry because the Geese like to sleep in like the Gunner does apperently
shhh.gif

"SOMEONE" told me we were laying in the disked field and going to need stuff to cover up. Having rained I figured I'd bring a small rug to lay on and some Tarp for others incase they didn't have any.. Good job I did, I was the only one thinking (Besides Elk Turd, but he had Building material that was too heavy to lug across the field.

Geese did Fly over a few times. Then the people in close by fields (About 1 mile away would shoot at them before they even left out field. Apperently this is a NAmpa Coustom to do so I don't know what we were doing ?!?!! But, When in Rome... So next time We'll know that if geese are within 1 mile to start shooting !!!
rolleyes.gif

I agree with Gunner that the Wolf Reintroduction must have killed the Flights of Geese, either that of the Weather hadn't come in yet so we didn't have the Northerns, or all the local geese were already decoy taught, or the....
tongue.gif

I did try to chase a rooster across a field that doesn't have any cover. I got close once. But someone started tooting on a Goose call, (not saying any names) so I opted out of the walking rooster shot and looked around. Apperently It was a false call for I saw no Geese in the air. Either that or there was a Anti Hunter in our group not wanting me to kill anything... Humm You decide !!

it took TWICE as long to pick up the decoys, Seems my Boss got a call from the wife that ther was a sick kid or something. And being a good family man he had to leave. Elkturd was the driver so he had to leave as well. It is very understandable to get up at 4:30AM, set up decoys, hunt till 11:30 then have to leave quickly because of the family. (Note to self, Have wife call at 11:30 next time to save the Clean up of decoys).

Boss's left and the Clean up took place. Gunner did know exactly were the roosters went and how they'd jump up. Knowing he likes animals and isn't a real hunter I did the Follow up shot *(within .003 seconds) of his shot. I think he shot to the side to pretend to miss it. But he claims the BB's he was shooting hit it and it was his land I was hunting so....

The bird didn't die right away, Someone had to go take care of it while the other guy cried like a baby because the loss of the birds life. Well, someone said he had dust in his eyes but it had been raining for 2 days straight so you think what you want.

Anyways, All in all it was a good day and ALOT of fun !!! I think in Return I'll take the Gunner out maybe Tuesday or Wed morning to try hunting Moosie style to see if he really shoots things or not. I'll take the camera for proof !!!!

And that my friends... is the Story acording to Moosie, And, the way it happened !!! Spelling and all
wink.gif

Yah I was looking gunner, but I didn't want to spend 2 hours reading the novels. I had some real perverted things to do in town.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-19-2003 09:28: Message edited by: Ovis ]</font>

You people don't realise.. It's Comedy, not Novels. More of Humor books.. Way better then Real stuff.

Del,

The funniest part is that these are not lies.
eek.gif

It would be hard to make up these tales, as they are mostly based on facts...
cool.gif

And there are more that have not been told, yet... Like the Sheep hunt we went on....
biggrin.gif

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back