100 years of NM

hank4elk

100 years today we finally became a state. 1st place visited & settled by Euro's.
Now we find folks footprints that predate Clovis Man.

Manana,I'll celebrate manana. Actually Green Chili Stew on the menu today and picking up pork belly for elk sausage & burger. I'm blending in well after 13 years.

Congratulations and congratulations.

110 for AZ on Feb 14---if--my math is correct

Hank, you did not mention the menu for your companion :)

Hank, those footprints might be mine, the time frame seems about right, a least I "feel" that old ;)

Last edited:
So if my history is correct. Didn't Arizona and New Mexico join the union in the same year?

So if my history is correct. Didn't Arizona and New Mexico join the union in the same year?
They became states a few years different. NM was a territory til then. Post Mexican American War.
Funny how most of the west was NM. Check a map from the Louisiana Purchase. Spanish lands.
Tejas was still just eastern NM.

Congratulations and congratulations.

110 for AZ on Feb 14---if--my math is correct

Hank, you did not mention the menu for your companion :)

Hank, those footprints might be mine, the time frame seems about right, a least I "feel" that old ;)
He has his bowl of kibble. It will sit full till the evening. He is a gentleman after all.
He is happy his elk legs have been found in the snow. He has a few now on the bark & such around the splitting area to choose from.
He'll get some pork out of the stew & taters,but I know the result after the green chili's...he still will eat it.
Everything else gets shared. He always gets a bite and his bowls are filled fresh everyday. My promise to him when we met.

Rio had 2 small bowls and is rolled up next to me. Hope he doesn't fark.

He approved of my addition of WI sweet corn,yum.

100 years today we finally became a state. 1st place visited & settled by Euro's.
Now we find folks footprints that predate Clovis Man.

Manana,I'll celebrate manana. Actually Green Chili Stew on the menu today and picking up pork belly for elk sausage & burger. I'm blending in well after 13 years.
Isn’t it ‘Chile’ in New Mexico?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back