MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

1:24k GPS maps

Oak

Expert
http://www.miscjunk.org/mj/mp_main.html

Thought some might be interested in these state map sets you can upload to Garmin GPS units. They have 20 and 40 contours, same as your USGS 7.5-minute quads.

One REALLY nice feature of the Colorado set is that it includes the USFS and BLM boundaries. I don't know what other state sets have that feature, but I can tell you that the WY set does not yet have it. Most of the map sets are works in progress, and are updated periodically.

If you have MapSource already, these are very easy to download from the site and upload to your GPS. Just download the mapset installer and execute. It loads the maps right to MapSource, and you can upload them to your GPS just like you do the MapSource maps.

Some state sets are linked to another website, with a different designer. I haven't downloaded any of those yet, so I can't on them. My new GPS should arrive tomorrow, and I'll have a chance to see how these work. A friend reports that they aren't too bad, although your screen can sometimes get cluttered with place names.

Best thing is, they are free. They do accept donations if you like the product.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back