Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

$1,149.84

I think they meant social tolerance of the elk... not the hunters...

I.E. ranchers don't want to deal with elk eating their crops so that dictates pop. objectives rather than carrying capacity or some other factor.

Yet dont bitch about a $200 smart phone bill or a $800 truck payment.

I always hate this argument. Just because something else is expensive no one can ever complain about the price of something else. And trust me plenty of people bitch about their smart phone bills.

Also it can easily be argued that $1,000 for a device with technology that wasn't even conceivable 20 years ago, the ability to connect instantly to anyone in the world, look up any information instantly, monitor sports in real time from anywhere is way more reasonable than $1,000 for the right to kill one elk. A right that has diminished in value over the last 20 years in terms of experience yet steadily increased in price.

I think they meant social tolerance of the elk... not the hunters...

I.E. ranchers don't want to deal with elk eating their crops so that dictates pop. objectives rather than carrying capacity or some other factor.

This!

I always hate this argument. Just because something else is expensive no one can ever complain about the price of something else. And trust me plenty of people bitch about their smart phone bills.

Also it can easily be argued that $1,000 for a device with technology that wasn't even conceivable 20 years ago, the ability to connect instantly to anyone in the world, look up any information instantly, monitor sports in real time from anywhere is way more reasonable than $1,000 for the right to kill one elk. A right that has diminished in value over the last 20 years in terms of experience yet steadily increased in price.

If you dont perceive Montana license prices to be a good value vote with your pocket book.

I think pricing is purely driven off what the market will bear with several other factors thrown in. I will throw out a few things you may find funny. I live and hunt mostly in Georgia. My annual fishing and hunting license here covers everything including public land access ect. $60.00 a year......We have a heavy migration of Floridians come hunting season. I have heard more than once, one of them complain of the non resident license costing $150.00.....lol

Now I can hunt whitetail in Missouri for a little over $200 for license or Illinois for a little less than $500.....and I do both for the experience and quality of the hunt. I also applied for a Montana big game combo....AND....bought the preference point this year ( insurance ) as they did sell out last year.

Its obvious supply and demand drive license pricing along with numbers of licenses. If Montana license sales were say half what it is now.....then the complaint would be I can only hunt there every 4 or 5 years, as there would be many more apps...correct?

There's a school of thought suggesting tag prices are driven by the percentage increase of diesel pushers and duallys in the parking lots.

..in before lock/ban;)

I think pricing is purely driven off what the market will bear with several other factors thrown in. I will throw out a few things you may find funny. I live and hunt mostly in Georgia. My annual fishing and hunting license here covers everything including public land access ect. $60.00 a year......We have a heavy migration of Floridians come hunting season. I have heard more than once, one of them complain of the non resident license costing $150.00.....lol

Now I can hunt whitetail in Missouri for a little over $200 for license or Illinois for a little less than $500.....and I do both for the experience and quality of the hunt. I also applied for a Montana big game combo....AND....bought the preference point this year ( insurance ) as they did sell out last year.

Its obvious supply and demand drive license pricing along with numbers of licenses. If Montana license sales were say half what it is now.....then the complaint would be I can only hunt there every 4 or 5 years, as there would be many more apps...correct?

Oh I agree , it is nice to draw a tag every year . That's worth some $ right there

I don’t see how little some one is paid, related to the high cost of a non res tag. I will pay it and do, if it is to much I won’t go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back