07 Idaho Muley

"O" my Bad the bike is a 2005, its the gun silly !! I can see you are new to the site welcome aboard. You might also check out some gay love web sights that might be more up your ally or should I say more up your A$S

sabots

MC: How do your sabots shoot anyway? I shoot a 50 just like yours and I can't find anything that it likes to shoot. I'm willing to try anything so any info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

"O" my Bad the bike is a 2005, its the gun silly !! I can see you are new to the site welcome aboard. You might also check out some gay love web sights that might be more up your ally or should I say more up your A$S

HEHE... For every post, there is an equal and opposite post. It's the Internet law :D

Smokepoler I shoot home made sabots in my front stuffer they shoot unreal! I can hit a paper plate @ 150 yds all day long with peep sights, headed up tomorrow to wack a cow elk for a little more meat in the frezzer !!!

There are tons of trails open to motorbikes in Idaho...but theres a price to be paid for that access.

Nice buck all the same.

sabots

MC: Your sabots sound awesome, I wish I could find something that shot that well in mine. What brand is your mold? I may have to try pouring some. Also, what type of sabot insert are you using for your bullets? Sorry for all the questions, but its obvious you know whats going on. I appreciate all the help. Thanks.

I hope you're hunting a short range weapon or general season with your sabots.

Muley Crazy,
I'm just getting into muzzleloading. What type of sabots do you use? I haven't figured this all out yet. Just when I think I've got a grip on it all something new comes out.

Muley Crazy or just Stupid, Fat, and Lazy?

Hey Muley Crazy,
I'm a dumb ass and I apologize.

Apparently you can't ask a simple question in this forum?

HAHA.. Thats one good thing about this place, You can ask anything you want.... Just sometimes you Get BE'otch Slapped :

24ywors.gif

Oh, so you gave him the necklace? I always knew what a Bull Dike was, but now I know what a Bull Moosie is!

idelkhunter you remind me of a good country song!! Brad Paisley sings it, ONLINE hump hump The guy in the song is a real bad ass online, but in reality he is just a clown that couldn't get laid if he paid for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice buck!! And to get your bike right to it for retrieval was sweet. I certainly do not want to throw dirt, But please explain the homemade sabot rounds?? I assume you cast a lead slug then attach a plastic sabot, What weight and powder charge are you using? I have to assume this was not killed in a 2007muzzleloader season, since you used a sabot?

Muzzleloader hunt rules require that weapons must:

Use all-lead bullets at least within 10/1,000 (.010) of the bore diameter.
Have open sights.
Use only loose black powder or loose synthetic black powder.
Have an exposed, pivoting hammer, either side-lock or in-line.
Have an exposed ignition using only flint, musket caps or percussion caps.
Be at least .45 caliber for deer, antelope or mountain lion.
Be at least .50 caliber for elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat or black bear.
Muzzleloader weapons that don’t meet these restrictions may be used in 'short range weapon' and 'any weapon' seasons.

my bad I guess they are not sabots. they are just lead, no plastic jacket, I am not up to date on the turms, yes it was killed in 2007

I had to drag the deer down hill to a open spot for the pics as I killed it in heavy timber. it was all step down hill to the bike trail about 150 yds

I use 100 grs of Triple 7

Sounds like you ended up with a shooter muzzleloader, I have had to go with replacemant barrels on many of my traditional rifles. The factory 1-48 twists do not seem to perform for conicals in most rifles. The 1 in 28 or 32 make real shooters out of most of em. hang on to your Renegade. I have a soft spot for motorcycle hunters. Back in the 70's and early 80's my buddies and I hunted with motorcycles(before 4-wheelers showed up and ruined it for all of us) we took the things on game trails where most can only imagine and the next trip in you would be hard pressed to see any sign of us being there. We packed out many a decent buck and more Elk than I can remember on our bikes. Now I am a 100% horse hunting muzzleloader. Thanks for the great pictures!!

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 86
Back