031 nevada

Fireant2607

Well folks, I welcome me, first time posting: I drew 031 nevada this year......Archery, :hump::hump::hump::hump:second draw in 4 years....anyone hunted there? If so share your results......

I know alot of 31 burned a couple years ago in the big fires in NV/OR and Im not sure how it has recovered. Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks, im headed up , Well maybe in a few years it will be back to normal.... Hopefully everyone puts in for other areas...:cool::

Musketman is right, a good deal of the summer deer habitat was burned a couple years ago. That being said, these high elevation burned areas will recover. I've experienced good success in high elevation burned areas - These areas seem to provide higher quality forage and consistently produce good bucks.

The Trident Peak and south Trout Creek areas still hold plenty of deer, including a fair number of Pope & Young bucks.

Good luck! Share pictures if you tag something.

Last edited:
Thanks musket... Last time i was there, no kidding i was on multiple pope and young bucks...just could not close the deal......wish i would have had video...what an amazing hunt . But i will say i have never experienced that many rattlesnakes in all my years. Big ones! Will get back to everyone after the hunt, headed up thursday....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mpivacek
Back