031 nevada

Fireant2607

Well folks, I welcome me, first time posting: I drew 031 nevada this year......Archery, :hump::hump::hump::hump:second draw in 4 years....anyone hunted there? If so share your results......

I know alot of 31 burned a couple years ago in the big fires in NV/OR and Im not sure how it has recovered. Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks, im headed up , Well maybe in a few years it will be back to normal.... Hopefully everyone puts in for other areas...:cool::

Musketman is right, a good deal of the summer deer habitat was burned a couple years ago. That being said, these high elevation burned areas will recover. I've experienced good success in high elevation burned areas - These areas seem to provide higher quality forage and consistently produce good bucks.

The Trident Peak and south Trout Creek areas still hold plenty of deer, including a fair number of Pope & Young bucks.

Good luck! Share pictures if you tag something.

Last edited:
Thanks musket... Last time i was there, no kidding i was on multiple pope and young bucks...just could not close the deal......wish i would have had video...what an amazing hunt . But i will say i have never experienced that many rattlesnakes in all my years. Big ones! Will get back to everyone after the hunt, headed up thursday....

Back