Recent content by 3006Sprng

  1. 3006Sprng

    What are you currently reloading?

    I’ll just aim more right.
  2. 3006Sprng

    What are you currently reloading?

    7mm08 120 Nosler BT 3100 fps Man I love this load
  3. 3006Sprng

    What weapon should I buy...

    375, I don’t even have one, but I’d still say 375.
  4. 3006Sprng

    280 Ackley Load

    160@2950 is pretty slick
  5. 3006Sprng

    Once fired brass sizing

    Once fired, and not fired in your chamber, run it through a die, full length.
  6. 3006Sprng

    Youth elk rifle?

    Savage 110 hunter, adjustable LOP and comb height. 7mm-08 for sure.
  7. 3006Sprng

    What are you currently reloading?

    7-08, 120 Nosler ballistic tips. So far so good. Only 988 people on this forum recommended that load. But they shoot very well. I’ll run them for hunting the rest of the year.
  8. 3006Sprng

    Cartridge size and powder burn rate.

    234,308,338, awesome comparison. Thanks, makes very good sense.
  9. 3006Sprng

    Cartridge size and powder burn rate.

    Quick question for a powder guru. Smaller over-bored cartridges use slow powders (.243/25-06) as well as large cased magnums (7mm rum). But when the bullet diameter starts increasing at a certain point, the powder burn requirement starts getting faster again. Eg. -300 mag, 200 grain...
  10. 3006Sprng

    What are you currently reloading?

    .243, sierra 90 grain TGK. H4350 @ max charge seems to be good. Grouping under 0.5”. Looks like a completed load. 7mm-08, brand new rifle, loaded up a bunch of Speer hot cors just to run in the rifle and new brass. Moving to Nosler 120 grain BTips. Going to start with ram shot big game...
  11. 3006Sprng

    The Big Snip - How bad is it?

    That would have been cheaper for sure lol
  12. 3006Sprng

    The Big Snip - How bad is it?

    I had the “no needle no scalpel” version. Procedure was literally painless.
  13. 3006Sprng

    The Big Snip - How bad is it?

    100 percent. This is a fact
  14. 3006Sprng

    The Big Snip - How bad is it?

    Yesterday I picked up my 2025 white tail shoulder mount from the taxidermist then went straight to the vasectomy. Fun day.
  15. 3006Sprng

    New scale

    I use an rcbs beam scale for measuring charge weights, and a small little cheap digital for setting up the powder thrower. Speeds thing up. The cheap amazon digital is actually better than other reloading brand digital (Lyman and rcbs) that I have used.
Back
Top