PEAX Equipment

Zeiss scopes

Big luke1981

I am in the market for a new scope and have been looking at the zeiss line. A friend of mine got the conquest with rapid z 800 and put it on his 25-06. It seems like a really clear scope. I was wondering if any of you have any input on this scope or the conquest line in general. Thanks
Lucas

I have 2 of them, Bigluke, and they are great glass. I am an old Leupold diehard, but these Zeiss scopes are really good.

I have the Rapid Z 800 reticle on a 300 WSM and it is great.

The standard duplex reticle on my 223 works really well too, and you can actually see the quality of the glass better with it since the reticle isn't as "busy" as the Rapid Z.

Good Luck,
Jeff

I got a Zeiss Conquest to put on a new Winchester Featherweight in 7mm-08 last year. For the last 50 years I have used Leupolds exclusively and they have never failed me. When I was scope shopping for the new rifle, I was impressed with the clarity and brightness of the Zeiss over the Leupold, so got it. However, as I write this, my Zeiss is at the factory being repaired for a stuck reticle - yes, it failed me. I hope this is a fluke as I liked the scope. So in my mind, the jury is out on Zeiss until I see how the repair goes and how it performs after I get it back.

I was a Leupold fan all of my years of hunting until I tried my friends Zeiss Conquest a few years ago,now I own a 3-9-50mm and a 4.5-14-44mm,my last 2 new scope purchase..Sorry Leupold

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back