Caribou Gear

Zeiss Conquest HD or Swarovski SLC

YoungNVHunter

So I'm having a hard time with this decision, and I'm hoping someone can push me off the fence to one side or the other. I know not everyone is a 15x56 fan, but I am. I'm currently using the Vortex Vulture's and have found them to be great during the day but those 30 minutes before sunrise find them lacking. Now that my hunting seasons are over I'm looking to upgrade to a better quality. I sunk the money into my spotter this year so the next big purchase will be the binos. I have looked through both brands mentioned in the title and one of these two will make the final cut. I'm truly looking to never buy another pair of binos in this size again so I will drop the coin to make sure of that. Both brands are extremely nice, but given the fact that I can't buy both and return one in a month after putting both on a tripod and glassing for hours I'm in a holding pattern. The Swaro's are around $600 more but are they TRULY worth the extra? This is my dilemma, can anyone speak to these two brands? Do you have experience with both? I know the Conquest HD's are a newer line so there isn't much on the internet putting these binos against each other. Any advice on this topic would be much appreciated!

Here's probably the best way I can put this.

The Zeiss Conquest HD's are Zeiss's Conquest Glass with HD coatings. The Swaro's are the same glass as the EL's (comparable with the Zeiss Victory's and the Leica Ultravid's) with different material construction for the body and housing; and an older set of coatings.

The Swaro's will have better glass, the Zeiss have better coatings. Both are good sets of Binos. Were it up to me, I'd get the Zeiss. That is only because the Swarovision coating gives me serious eye strain, not a common complaint; just my eyes. The SLC's are better binos in all reality. Look through both and make your own call. It's worth taking the time with an investment like this.

Buy the best that you can afford. Swaro, Leica and Zeiss are all great IMO and you'll be happy with whichever you choose. I use Leica 10x42s and mount on a tripod and carry a spotter. No complaints whatsoever. What you'll find is that the ones that fit your eye the best may not fit the next guy as well

You could look into the new Leica rangefinding binos too. There are some really nice sales out there right now on them.

Here's probably the best way I can put this.

The Zeiss Conquest HD's are Zeiss's Conquest Glass with HD coatings. The Swaro's are the same glass as the EL's (comparable with the Zeiss Victory's and the Leica Ultravid's) with different material construction for the body and housing; and an older set of coatings.

The Swaro's will have better glass, the Zeiss have better coatings. Both are good sets of Binos. Were it up to me, I'd get the Zeiss. That is only because the Swarovision coating gives me serious eye strain, not a common complaint; just my eyes. The SLC's are better binos in all reality. Look through both and make your own call. It's worth taking the time with an investment like this.

The 15's are SLD HD's and they blow the conquests out of the water.

I'd argue the coatings are better on the zeiss, on the HT's maybe, but not the Conquests.

Look at the Meopta 15's as well. They are heavy as hell, but not a bad set of glass for the money.

You owe it to yourself to see the slc the Zeiss and the meopta(cabelas euro hd) side by side on a tripod outside near dark.

I did that and the meopta and Zeiss were 1-2 with the new slc third place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back