Zamberlan Boots

Rat Fink

Anyone here wearing Zamberlan Boots for hunting? I have been a dedicated Kenetrek guy for 8 years but my Mountain Extremes are in their twilight years and I have been looking to replace them. I assumed I was just going to get another pair of the exact same boots, but today I found some brand new Zamberlan's for an insanely good price. I bought them and will be giving them a try. If they don't work out I will go back to my tried and true Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's.

http://zamberlanusa.com/catalog/index.php?lang=en&pg=prod&idprod=239&idcat=17

Please let me know your experience with these boots if you have used them.

I have the Zamberlans that KUIU distributed and they are stiff!!!!!1.5 yrs later and many sheep hunts they still are more fun to take off then to put on=sore feet all the time.

I bought a pair of the 960's which is the shorter version. They are stiff. They took a lot of time and painful miles to break in but now they are pretty nice and I wore them most of the summer and fall. I was worried about traction with the soles as they don't look like much but they've done well on the steep and side hill.

I've got a pair which I love, I don't recall which model they are though.

I have 5 years on my Vioz 1009 boots (Hunting) and 3 years on my Dakota GT RRs (summer hiking). Both pair are great. The Vioz were comfortable right out of box and have been ever since. The Dakota's were a bit stiff but they are great now.

Have you considered having your Kenetreks re-soled? Might want to at least hang onto them as a backup pair.

I've really liked my Guide 960's. They have been my go to boot the last 2 seasons. They took longer to break in than my Crispi's but are now more comfortable with my green superfeet inserts.

Back