PEAX Equipment

Zamberlan Boots

Rat Fink

Anyone here wearing Zamberlan Boots for hunting? I have been a dedicated Kenetrek guy for 8 years but my Mountain Extremes are in their twilight years and I have been looking to replace them. I assumed I was just going to get another pair of the exact same boots, but today I found some brand new Zamberlan's for an insanely good price. I bought them and will be giving them a try. If they don't work out I will go back to my tried and true Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's.

http://zamberlanusa.com/catalog/index.php?lang=en&pg=prod&idprod=239&idcat=17

Please let me know your experience with these boots if you have used them.

I have the Zamberlans that KUIU distributed and they are stiff!!!!!1.5 yrs later and many sheep hunts they still are more fun to take off then to put on=sore feet all the time.

I bought a pair of the 960's which is the shorter version. They are stiff. They took a lot of time and painful miles to break in but now they are pretty nice and I wore them most of the summer and fall. I was worried about traction with the soles as they don't look like much but they've done well on the steep and side hill.

I've got a pair which I love, I don't recall which model they are though.

I have 5 years on my Vioz 1009 boots (Hunting) and 3 years on my Dakota GT RRs (summer hiking). Both pair are great. The Vioz were comfortable right out of box and have been ever since. The Dakota's were a bit stiff but they are great now.

Have you considered having your Kenetreks re-soled? Might want to at least hang onto them as a backup pair.

I've really liked my Guide 960's. They have been my go to boot the last 2 seasons. They took longer to break in than my Crispi's but are now more comfortable with my green superfeet inserts.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back