Yeti GOBOX Collection

YouTube Hunt Video Editing

huntandfly

I know there is not a lot of love lost for many of the new YouTube hunting celebrity channels on this site, so I’m sure this will go over real well.

I haven’t watched many videos lately by these fellas for a variety of reasons, and I have always wondered about editing practices of some of these channels, but today I found something I couldn’t really even believe.

If you watch the video starting at about 10 minutes you will see the “shot sequence.” 2 shots shown on video. I have enlarged the image at 12:24 for you so you can do your own investigative work on the pile of shells you see.

I have always wondered but I never thought it would be that bad in truth.

28331946-6386-44CD-BBBB-B66FD6C32D67.jpeg89A64DDE-23A2-4CEF-A4FA-E766CD1EBAAC.jpeg

Pretty sure there was a Fresh Tracks where an elk was hit poorly and several follow up shots were edited out. Could tell by the number of cases. Believe Randy said he thought it would be gratuitous to show them all.

Not watching the "Hush" video though. Sure they did something particularly stupid that warrants criticism.

I agree with not showing a gratuitous amount of shooting for sure, but there are ways to avoid that such as knowing your effective range.

That’s one of the things I appreciate most about Randy’s videos, he is always clear about his comfortable shooting ranges and won’t take shots unless fully confident in an ability to ethically kill. That’s not what I see in this video

Disappointing. I get editing out a finishing shot on an immobile animal...but selectively editing out several misses at those ranges gives thousands of viewers a very false sense of how easy, common or likely a shot is at that range. Guessing the only reason they showed the one miss is they had to explain shooting the antler.

Haven’t watched one of their videos in several years. Doesn’t surprise me that they would misrepresent how things went down.

Seeing this makes me not regret removing YouTube from my devices. This kind of nonsense makes me lean more towards the Matt Rinnella point of view. I can't think of a situation where I would feel like a 600 yard shot is necessary or warranted. I know I would not broadcast that to the world. Seeing as I don't have the YouTube anymore, I'm curious how many views has it received?

While part of me wants to put the blame on the shooter ( and perhaps rightfully so), I'd also be interested in what a zero check on that rifle and scope would show. Just my opinion, but I think a lot more scopes lose zero in the field than we think.

But hey, the warranty's awesome!

Edited to add- I haven't watched the video as I don't want to give them a click. I'm going off what the OP posted.

I don’t think losing zero is the primary causal factor in a situation like this. More like “my gun dials to 700 so I should shoot that far at animals”

I don’t think losing zero is the primary causal factor in a situation like this. More like “my gun dials to 700 so I should shoot that far at animals”
You're probably right. I'd still like to see what a zero check showed, although that is in no way me sticking up for Hushin.

There seem to be a lot of scopes that will shift with moderate impacts. It's hard to backpack hunt without a rifle getting knocked around a bit sometimes. It's something that will guarantee a rodeo at extended ranges, good/not good shooter aside.

It's also true that there are a lot of other ways to mess up a 600 yd shot.

Back