Youth rifles

BrentAK

Looking at getting a youth rifle, my oldest will be 10 before next hunting season. There doesn't seem to be to many options. For calibers I've been thinking about .243, 7-08, 6.5cm.
FYI I tried searching but only comes up with calibers. Thanks

Weatherby Synthetic Compact comes in all the calibers you mentioned and .308 win. to boot. I bought my son one for his first rifle ten years ago and it has been great ever since. Comes with an adjustable stock, that he used until fully grown. He has since purchased a different stock of which several after market stock companies have available. Action is the same as Howa. It has been a great rifle that shoots sub MOA as advertised.

👆🏻 This!!!

Bought one in 7mm-08 for my boys a couple of years ago. Sweet little rifle!

Looking at getting a youth rifle, my oldest will be 10 before next hunting season. There doesn't seem to be to many options. For calibers I've been thinking about .243, 7-08, 6.5cm.
FYI I tried searching but only comes up with calibers. Thanks

I don't think you could go wrong with a 7-08.

My kids have a Ruger American Compact. I like it quite a bit. It's light, shoots great, and works every time. The first magazine wasn't the best but the others work just fine.

I would also consider the Winchester M70 Compact.

I recommend getting him a Rem 700 youth, that was my sons first rifle. Caliber I would go .243, 6.5CM, 7mm-08. The reason I propose the 700, is there are so many components available. Plus, when he out grows it, just change the stock, or you have a great platform for a semi custom rifle when he gets bigger if you want.

Son shot a Ruger M77 Compact.308 From 7-14 years old. Killed a bunch of critters with it. The only thing I didn’t like about it was the 16.5” barrel. It’s a loud little rifle. I’d check out the new Ruger offerings as well as the Browning Micro.

I bought my wife a Thompson Center venture in a 243. It’s a great shooting rifle, smooth action and the butt stock can be adjusted for LOP. My 2 nephews (8 and 10) shoot it very well.

I went through this year for my daughter(12). I couldn’t find a factory rifle to actually fit her well. I wasn’t concerned about her growing into the gun I wanted it to fit now. I ended up with a rem 700 7-08 hand load 120 Barnes ( light recoil). I cut down the factory plastic stock to fit. It took some redneck engineering to make it work.

Just another thought. 25:06???? I don't own one but have shot one. Virtually no recoil compared to a 30 cal rifle. Solid deer and antelope rifle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back