Youth Deer hunt ND.

NDMuley

Took my friends boy out for his youth hunt last night. We got to our spot and set up about 4pm. Things started slow and the deer were not moving.
At about 7pm I look over and he is sound asleep. I snapped a picture and sent it to his dad. The mighty hunter was sleeping.
I put my phone down and start to scan the trees across from us and pick out the head of a doe coming out.
I wake him up and say there is a doe getting ready to step out. We get him set up and about a minute later she jumps the fence and starts trotting out.. I told him to get ready and I stopped her at about 75 yards. The boom stick barked and I heard the tell tale sound of a hit.
She ran back to the trees and disappeared. We wait about 15 mins and walk over to the spot she was at the shot. Cant find any blood and we walk to where I thought she went into the trees. We move into the trees and I am looking ahead of us but not seeing her. Look to my left and 30 yards away she is pilled up. Perfect lung shot.
High fives and pictures were taken and his season is done 3 hours in. He is 1 good shot. He has went 3 for 3 the last 3 years and all perfect hits.
1 youth hunter down 1 more to go. Hope we can get it done again today.
20190916_191633.jpg20190916_194227.jpg

Back