Caribou Gear

You guys remember these?

Delw

The old lee loaders.... the ones that you used a hammer to smack a case in to the die resize it... was cleaning my back shop out and I happend to find a few of these old ones.. .308 and 7mm mag.. Dad got them for me when i was very young. Since I didnt use alot of rifle ammo and wouldnt buy factory crap thats how I got started.. He had the 7mm rem mag I had a .308... They took a long time to load but produced some very accurate ammo.. How manyu of you guys out there have used them?

Delw

Oh yeah, What I hated was having to drive the primer into the sized case with a hammer. After a few LPM's went off in my hand, I bought a hand priming tool. I developed such a bad flinch anticipating a primer explosion that my brother in-law used to walk into the room and holler "BANG" just to watch me sling bullets, primers, and brass from Hell to breakfast.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-10-2002 11:31: Message edited by: Fatman ]</font>

I remember them quite well, still have the first and only two I ever had, one for 38/357 and one for 30-30.

At the time they were all we could afford. Used them until the mid to late 60's til I could afford Rock Chucker after I went into the Army. Still using it also.

Pecos

You guys are sitting on gold. Not really, but I sold 4 of those at a show two years ago and the guy gave me $60 each for them. Someone had told him they had collector value. :cool:

GEEEZ! They still offer those things???!! I thought they went out like about a week before Fred Flinstone's typwriter. ;) WD

yup exact same thing .. only difference was the powder measure was red not yellow and the olb ones came in a box not plastic.. Hammer you had to buy seperate...

If you dont load alot of ammo and dont buy factory stuff with quality bullets thats the way to go CHEAP

Thanks Darren for the info..

Delw

Back