Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

You can’t make this stuff up

Stocker

So I come out of the woods late last night on a piece of public that is probably along some of the best Whitetail ground in Nebraska. Nobody ever hunts it, I’ve bumped into 1 hunter on it in 3 years. Well I found out why. Got a somewhat professional looking letter telling me I’m trespassing and the usual, “we’re warning you and trying to be nice but you can’t be here.” It does a join a “private” lake with public road access to the public hunting.

I was initially irate, but I just wrote a letter that I’m leaving on my truck that very nicely says “pound sand”. The best part is I found out who left the note and the guy just got cited for trespassing for barging up to someone’s house to try to enforce some “homeowners association” made up laws. So I guess my run in with the nondeputized Barney Fife is coming. I called the game warden and says I’m in the clear so I’m hunting it. He said they are always calling and complaining about people fishing on the public parts of the lake. I guess they don’t want to be violated by the sight of us peasants amongst them. 🤣

I went from mad to this is turning comical.

They must be related to some of the people who live on the public lakes in my area: Guys will be bowfishing out of their private boats, and homeowners around the lake will become irate, tell them that they're too close to their docks or property, and they'll also try to call the wardens.

They must be related to some of the people who live on the public lakes in my area: Guys will be bowfishing out of their private boats, and homeowners around the lake will become irate, tell them that they're too close to their docks or property, and they'll also try to call the wardens.
We call them “citizens against everything”.

Hell we could pass a law in this county that said our county was pro-world peace and we’d have people up in arms. People don’t have enough problems of their own or too much time on their hands. I have the opposite problem. 🤣

They’re mostly just against others having fun or enjoyment though.

They are everywhere. I spent most of my life posting public land property boundaries and I wish I had a nickel for every "NO TRESPASSING" sign I removed from public land. One day as we finished posting a forest service line down to a popular swimming hole on a river, The adjacent property owner asked me if it would be OK if she moved the signs so that people wouldn't be partying so close to her house. I told her no but a year later I was back in there and our signs were gone and there were no trespassing signs all around the swimming hole.

I sometimes thought I should be wearing a Referee’s striped shirt : Hunter/Hunter squabbles , and Hunter/Landowner issues.

A couple years ago some Yahoo shot right at my wife’s cousin and uncle, walked over and ruined their hunt. As the left the warden was writing him up for a bunch of other stuff. They stopped and yelled at him. The warden just looked at him and said “looks like you’ve pissed them off too”.

That story always makes me laugh.

I sometimes thought I should be wearing a Referee’s striped shirt : Hunter/Hunter squabbles , and Hunter/Landowner issues.
I can only imagine. What percentage of landowners, in Vermont, who think their land is posted, have actually legally posted their land, do you think? It's such a cool law you have there, but I imagine there's some confusion about it.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back