MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

You always remember your first

Mine is the exact same one as Mudranger's. Mossberg 12 ga bolt action. The integrated choke didn't tighten down too well and had a rattle sound if held with a shaky hand. When I shot my first deer, I can vividly remember that ratting noise because I was so nervous.

Mine is the exact same one as Mudranger's. Mossberg 12 ga bolt action. The integrated choke didn't tighten down too well and had a rattle sound if held with a shaky hand. When I shot my first deer, I can vividly remember that ratting noise because I was so nervous.

LOL no rattles on mine but I understand. The first one I shot was 10 yards from my tree

Still have the first gun in my safe, a marlin buckaroo single shot bolt action 22. Killed lots of tree rats and rabbits with it. Also got the shotgun of my grandpa's that I used to kill rabbits and my first turkey with, a J.C. Higgins 12 gauge with a poly choke from sears and roebuck.

I have 2 legacy guns that will never leave my family and when held I remember my father and can hear his voice.
My father bought me in 1980 an H&R Topper single shot 12 guage when I passed my Hunter`s Ed test. Fast fwd to 2012 and my daughter (his grand daughter) was given (1) 3" double 00 buckshot and stood on an orchard turn road when I rabbit hunted up the bedded deer in the adjoining briar hole.
When I heard (1) shot I ran about 300 yards to her and there was the 4th deer to come out to her which had about 3" spikes...she said the 1st (3) deer were all small "and I told them to get out of here." I started taking that gun out this shotgun season and there were several 870 wingmasters and semi autos that stayed home.
My other legacy gun is a "Western Field" single shot 410 bolt shotgun my mother mail ordered for my Dad in 1964 from Montgomery Ward catalog which she bought him for father`s day.
Wow......this thread gives me pause to remember and to cherish.
Happy New Year.............10Dogs

I saved my money from working at the trap club when I was 12 yrs old and bought an Ithaca Model 37 in 12 gauge. I sold it to a friend when times were tough, times got better and I bought it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back