Yeti GOBOX Collection

Yet Another Vortex Going in for Warranty

Too many Vortex horror stories for me.
Pretty sure some are true then again a good number are probably not. I was reading on a fishing site about a level wind reel a guy simply could not say enough bad about. I looked it up and for what it was selling for, I could not believe anything could be that bad so I got one. Just one sample but have three of them since. I doubt the bad mouther ever even had one!

I bought a Tasco Pronghorn years ago and put it on a 25-06. Recoil took it out, ring holding in the front glass stripped out. Had another Tasco World Class and put it on the 25-06 and it worked well for a long time. Also had a 4x Tasco I bought in Europe but don't remember what I had it on. Got to where I could afford better and got a better scope. Now how do I define better? Well in this case it looked better! Go figure. I got a new Vortex Crossfire 3-9x for a 243 several months ago but haven't had nice enough weather to go sight it in yet. Well did but rings I had it let the front bell and eye piece sit on the barrel and bolt. Recently got a new set of Vortex med rings and that problem is gone, just need to sight it in now!

I told them this, on the phone with their customer service. And now I’m selling every vortex I own. This is about all I can do as a consumer.
I had to go look up what you have for sale. To be suggesting they are little more than junk your asking quite a price for them!

$200 under the lowest online price is too high? I sense you don’t understand the concept of market value.
I would suggest though, it's strange to trash stuff you are selling and expect to sell it. You might have better luck on Craigslist as long as you don't also include your narrative of how badly you hate Vortex.

So weird to me. Almost every deer or elk I've killed has been through a Vortex scope. The only problem I had was after years of use a seal broke and I sent it in and got a new one in the box. Well I guess I scratched the crap out of the eyepiece on my binos and sent them in to get buffed out. Nope, brand new pair in the box. Pretty sure there are plenty more satisfied customers than the handful crying on hunt talk.

I would suggest though, it's strange to trash stuff you are selling and expect to sell it. You might have better luck on Craigslist as long as you don't also include your narrative of how badly you hate Vortex.
Haha yea I’m aware. I’m posting them on Craigslist, then eBay too if needed. I’m in no big hurry to sell them anyway. Some Vortex fanboy will buy them at some point.

So weird to me. Almost every deer or elk I've killed has been through a Vortex scope. The only problem I had was after years of use a seal broke and I sent it in and got a new one in the box. Well I guess I scratched the crap out of the eyepiece on my binos and sent them in to get buffed out. Nope, brand new pair in the box. Pretty sure there are plenty more satisfied customers than the handful crying on hunt talk.
Stick around these forums long enough and most people believe that there xyz they overpaid for and comes out of the safe once a year is better than what the common man uses for half price .

What is out of line? Prices looked fair to me. mtmuley
Well I have a classic 1983 Ford super 250 with a diesel engine in it. Needs a paint job really bad but it is a classic so I'll let it go for &23,000. Oh yea forgot, has only 1.5 million miles on it. Great price for a classic!

Well I have a classic 1983 Ford super 250 with a diesel engine in it. Needs a paint job really bad but it is a classic so I'll let it go for &23,000. Oh yea forgot, has only 1.5 million miles on it. Great price for a classic!
Those things have nothing to do with market value; all that matters is what buyers are willing to pay.

In your hypothetical scenario, if 1983 Ford super 250 diesels with bad paint and 1.5 million miles did routinely transact for $23,000 then why would you sell it for less? If they routinely transact for less than $23,000, then you have priced it above the market and it won't sell at that price. If the dealer down the road has that same truck for sale for $25,000, then aren't you asking a fair price at $23,000?

The lowest you can find those scopes for sale online is about $600 and I'm asking about $400. My opinion of their quality has nothing to do with what others are willing to pay for them. Me expressing my negative opinion about their quality on this thread probably does mean they won't sell on HT, but there are plenty of other places to sell optics.

I must be luckier then most with scopes, and I probably send more rounds down range then most on this forum. I have yet to have a single vortex failure, including a diamond back on a 375 RUM that is very light, it has held zero just fine. I have had very little optic issues in my 30+ years of experience. I have sent one pair of leupold binos back in, do to user error a $2,500K+ nightforce scope do to not holding zero. Now I have went through my fair share of $30 tasco scopes on shot guns growing up.

But with my 20+ rifles, I make sure scope rings are aligned, lap as needed and I will also bed my scope base as well as scope rings to the scope. Its sad to see how much some factory rifles mounts are not concentric or top of the receiver not level. Makes me wonder how many people have issues because of this or improper instillation.

I have a few "scope included" rifles. All Vortex. The Crossfire line is a good freebie scope. I'm replacing them all with Swaro, as I find them used at a decent price, and new with Leupold as I can afford it. I bought a pair of Vortex binoculars from A&A from the refurbished sale. There's nothing wrong with them except I don't like them. There's no return for refurbished optics. I called AA and they basically said , too bad!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back