Caribou Gear Tarp

Yet Another CO Draw Question

Colberjs

I'm going to apply for Unit 76 rifle elk as my first choice. Can I apply for archery elk as a 2-4 choice or does each method have to be on a separate app?

Also, does anybody have a link to last years draw results? I'm at work right now and obviously time is of the essence.

Thanks!!!

Another question. I got to looking at the mule deer results. I noticed some units take a lot of res. PP to draw and it says 0 non. res. PP.

Why is that?

I decided to just apply for a pref. point for elk because I have some friends that want to go hunt OTC archery.

I ended up also applying for a mule deer preference point as my first choice and a buck tag for the unit we will be archery hunting because I saw several mule deer bucks there 1 1/2 years ago. According to the 2014 pref. point stats it was a 0 point unit. Does that mean I have a good chance of drawing a tag?

Unless it was 100% draw with 0 points and tags left you couldn't draw as a second choice. Good luck hope you get it.

I decided to just apply for a pref. point for elk because I have some friends that want to go hunt OTC archery.

I ended up also applying for a mule deer preference point as my first choice and a buck tag for the unit we will be archery hunting because I saw several mule deer bucks there 1 1/2 years ago. According to the 2014 pref. point stats it was a 0 point unit. Does that mean I have a good chance of drawing a tag?

It really depends on the unit. I use this to get draw odds:

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/Deer/2015DeerDrawRecap.pdf

Thanks. I just looked again and in 2015 there were no 2nd choice tags drawn. Several people drew with 0 points on first choice but not 100%.

So now my question, I guess, is more of an ethical one. There is an option to make corrections to your app. Would it be unethical to go in and change my first choice to the hunt code for that unit instead of just the preference point? That gives me at least some chance of drawing a tag this year. It seems like it was set up mainly for correcting typographical errors and not oops-I-should-have-done-more-research errors.

Thanks. I just looked again and in 2015 there were no 2nd choice tags drawn. Several people drew with 0 points on first choice but not 100%.

So now my question, I guess, is more of an ethical one. There is an option to make corrections to your app. Would it be unethical to go in and change my first choice to the hunt code for that unit instead of just the preference point? That gives me at least some chance of drawing a tag this year. It seems like it was set up mainly for correcting typographical errors and not oops-I-should-have-done-more-research errors.

You can change your hunt code choices on the app correction form. CPW just does not verify the corrections where accepted or can be guaranteed that they were even made. I have made corrections to apps in the past with no issues. I do not see why this would be unethical.

Back