Yard sale criminals busted!!

Ithaca 37

This is a hot topic in Sportsman's Issues! Look under "Worse than Illegals.."

"JACKSON -- In one of the most successful crime-fighting days in city history, the Jackson Police Department put a stop to 23 illegal yard sales.

"We have a zero tolerance policy against residents that hold yard sales without first obtaining permission from our department," explained one Jackson officer. "Yard sales are a privilege, not a right, and today we cracked down on this public safety threat."

The operator of one particular yard sale at 512 Pretentious Estates Drive was busted for:

Not informing the police department of their sale, and not obtaining a proper business or sales tax license.

Posting more than five signs, including two that were illegally attached to utility poles (a Class A misdemeanor).

Violating the Americans with Disabilities Act by operating a public sale without offering handicapped parking spaces.

Selling refreshments to customers without obtaining a permit from the health department.

Conducting commercial activities in a single-family residential zone without obtaining a waiver.........."

LOL.....We have a cop here that loves to yard sale. When he is on duty is goes around and takes the signs down so he can get there before most of the yard sale people and get the good stuff first.

I can see it now at the local prison...

bubba ask's .. hey punk what did you do to get in here...

"I had a garage sale" heck youd be the only one in prison not to look like this (_o_)

Delw

OH MY GAWD!!!! All I can say is thank god the police didn't bust my yard sale this spring! A public safety issue? You gotta be kidding me! That's for real? Montel Williams was just having a show the other day talking about stupid laws, somebody should write him and tell him about Illegal yard sales! Apparently one man's trash had turned into a prison term! LOL

Love, Raven

HAHAHAHAHA THAT'S REALLY FUNNY!!!! don't cops have better things to do like pull people over, or drink coffee and eat donuts??
Quick Draw

I hate to be a stick in the mud. We have a neighbor that brought yard sale rules to our town, cause she used it as an outdoor business, she would pick junk at the curb drag it home, put in her front yard. Had Sale signs all around town. What she didn sell would stay in the yard till it either fell apart, or she got tired of looking at it. Then she would put it out for the trash men to pick up. She had junk from other towns that she picked up,and we ended up paying to have it removed. Now your only allowed to have two yard sales a year, but the permits are free. Thats why they make laws about them.

Yeah, well, it's all fun and games until it affects someone you love. I remember it now, it was a bright, sunny and hot as heck day in Az. I still remember thier faces as the black helicopters decended, men in black tactical gear fastroping down around them, guns drawn. What ever remained of thier little cardboard lemonade stand that wasn't obliterated by the rotor wash, was trampled as they were cuffed and stuffed for this most heinous of crimes. I was devastated, MY kids??? DEALERS?? I'm so ashamed....
rolleyes.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back