Yale Survey

Interesting survey thanks for posting it.Hopefully all these guys do it and stand up for us gun owners!I put my name down to have them e-mail me the results,I'll be lookin for them. Also all you guys should really do this its one of the few times good guys like us have a chance to be herd!
eek.gif

I thought some of the questions were a bit loaded. Several needed better refinement or clarification from the participant. The lack of a "neutral" or similar choice was also regrettable. I also signed up for the results, but I don't have much confidence in them.
wink.gif
Thanks, Cali!

There is a section at the end where you can commnet about the questions. I also pointed out that their questions about the defensive use of a firearm did not give an option for use in the military or law enforcement AND as a civilian. I have used one many times...in both situations.

i think when they ask questions about a "citizen" carrying a concealed weapon and would that reduce crime. its natural to think about all the good people out there that would use a firearm for protection and nothing more. but when they say citizen, you have to put all the criminals, thugs, gang members, and punks in there as well. and just the thought of that might sway someones answer. however, now that i think about it...all the thugs and criminals are all already carrying concealed weapons so ill stand by my answer that it probably would reduce crime a little. youd like to hope that some of these criminals would think twice about mugging, raping, burglerizing if there was more of a chance of someone on the other end shooting them!
and i think all here would agree that banning firearms would simply take guns away from the responsible owners, because you know the gangs and criminals wouldnt be turning in their weapons. and the people that were responsible but still didnt turn in there guns would then be put into a situation where they are now breaking the law.

Using Florida as an example, the rape and robbery stats dropped a lot when they started granting concealed carry permits after passing a required course and demonstrating competence with a handgun. Then the crooks started targeting people in rental cars, figuring that they were tourists and did not have weapons. One German couple was robbed and the husband killed when they were attacked getting out of their rental car. The Florida legislature then passed a law that the rental car companies could not label their cars as rental with stickers, decals or whatever. The assaults against tourists dropped soon afterward.

My Dad used to tell anti-gun people - "Just put a big sign in your front yard that says 'This house contains no firearms" if you really think that guns do not deter crime. Let the crooks know that you are defenseless." Ask a burglar, and they will tell you that they prefer an empty house because they know that they won't get shot. Take guns away from all of us and we are all just potential victims at the mercy of the armed criminal.

That survey is the most PC, stastically biased tripe I witnessed since graduating Grad School, 20 yrs ago!
confused.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-30-2003 16:46: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

The number one advantage a partially-armed populace, as Cali pointed out, is that the crooks don't know WHO is armed. Fear in the mind of your enemy is a beautiful thing! That's part of why Ohio's governor wanting to make the addresses of concealed carry permittees public is such a bad idea...because the crooks will easily be able to see who's NOT on the list.
rolleyes.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back