Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

x-bows Montana illegal for old and handi-cap , during the archery season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hunt with a crossbow. How much could the fine be if you are caught?

You would only get a ticket if you killed something and someone saw you, otherwise you can have a great day carrying a crossbow, which isn't illegal...
Why stop there; use a rifle, hunt out of season, why buy tags at all? I mean it’s only illegal if you get caught…

I turned 70 last hunting season. Though still hunting hard, I can see the end of the roundup coming shortly. When it's time for me to move on, I'm ready. I would as soon give it up than water down the experience hunting in some other way (e.g. over bait, from a car, designated handicap only zone, etc.). I'll step aside and let some youngsters go after game the way I have done it (ethically). I'm not going to set some bad example for them. No excuses. Lots of other stuff I can do when I can no longer hunt hard.
Op should have taken his pension and ram after 30 years at the rea could have had 5 more solid years on the mountain.

here is the thing its Federal land with Montana regulations ,Montana may not be following the Federal regulations for the handi-cap on Federal land ? i wanna see what happens with the section line corners from private land corner to school section land corner, that case starts end of June 2023 this year in Wyoming but when its all over all states will part of this. if that`s positive outcome then the FEDERAL LAND LAW will be next !
Read this and precedence is already made:

FWP already makes accommodations for the issue and they are not discriminating since you can already participate in their programs or can modify existing archery equipment. Hell if your shoulder hurts then maybe a mouth-tab on your string will work. I know one hunter that uses that and continues to kill elk.

The fact that federal land may be involved is irrelevant. They do not make game laws and aren't denying you access to the public land or their programs just because you can't draw a bow. It's not a Federal Program.

Just hunt with a crossbow. How much could the fine be if you are caught?

You would only get a ticket if you killed something and someone saw you, otherwise you can have a great day carrying a crossbow, which isn't illegal...
This is the mindset in Montana that's responsible for where we are today. YOU'RE ENTITLEMENTS give me the Chits. Now if you'll excuse me?

Crossbows are a gateway drug to no good:

1682970910053.png

Man admits treason after taking crossbow to Windsor Castle​

Southampton man jailed for shooting man in the head with a crossbow​

This is the mindset in Montana that's responsible for where we are today. YOU'RE ENTITLEMENTS give me the Chits. Now if you'll excuse me?
Of course you are beyond reproach due to your impeccable character. Sarcasm completely mystifies you and you can impress everyone with your display of high standards.

People make plenty of ridiculous comments here and you are too dense to see it?

Don’t be so fast to blame others for your getting the chits…

Just read the whole thread. I gotta say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Costly more like it. This thread has me so rattled my dentures fell out and chipped. There goes my new crossbow funds.

Of course you are beyond reproach due to your impeccable character. Sarcasm completely mystifies you and you can impress everyone with your display of high standards.

People make plenty of ridiculous comments here and you are too dense to see it?

Don’t be so fast to blame others for your getting the chits…
Whether you were in jest or not, I stand by my post.

His ability to use a crossbow bought us a lot of hunting time with him before he passed.
And he wasn't allowed to spend time with you without a cross bow in his hands? That's odd.
I hope when I’m 70 I’m not a sniveling little pussy bitch.
^I share the same hope, in all sincerity and across many facets of life. There are already things I'll never be able to do again, I'm ok with that, and I hope I continue to be okay with that. It's someone else's turn to enjoy what I once enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back