Wyoming units 3 & 6 leftover cow tags

gravedigger

I called Game and fish to get a few names of landowners in units 3 & 6 that may allow access for a late season cow elk. I know the elk can really create big issues attacking ranchers haystacks in late season.
I was told that they could not help me ,, same thing with the local warden.
Anyone have any suggestions?

That's the reason there are so many licenses leftover in those hunt areas. G and F has been trying to get landowners to allow access for at least 40 years, and while they complain about the elk, most do not allow access. Unfortunately, there is not enough public land in these areas to allow you to pull a Big Fin and catch the elk on public land. Warren Livestock has allowed some access in area 6 in the last few years, but late in the season, as has the Farthing Ranch, but often return hunters get access, and the number of people allowed is limited. I had one of those area 6 licenses last year and could not find an elk where I could kill it. I would not waste my money.

That's the reason there are so many licenses leftover in those hunt areas. G and F has been trying to get landowners to allow access for at least 40 years, and while they complain about the elk, most do not allow access. Unfortunately, there is not enough public land in these areas to allow you to pull a Big Fin and catch the elk on public land. Warren Livestock has allowed some access in area 6 in the last few years, but late in the season, as has the Farthing Ranch, but often return hunters get access, and the number of people allowed is limited. I had one of those area 6 licenses last year and could not find an elk where I could kill it. I would not waste my money.

This exactly. My front door is under 15 minutes from Unit 6 and I would never waste my money on that tag.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back