Wyoming unit 91

zimmy

I was wondering if a NR can get a cow tag for 91 without using any points. I have 1 point and would like to save my point's but like to go elk hunting. I would like to go on a cow hunt. Not looking for anyone's spot but wondering how the elk hunting is in 91. Thanks for any advice

I don't know anything about the unit but I just learned that you don't use your points at all when applying for a cow/calf type 6 tag. Looks like last year you would of had about a 50% chance of drawing the tag. On a side note why does the tag from Oct 1 to Dec 31 have the asterisk for difficult public land access but from Jan 1st to Jan 31st it doesn't.

I was wondering if a NR can get a cow tag for 91 without using any points. I have 1 point and would like to save my point's but like to go elk hunting. I would like to go on a cow hunt. Not looking for anyone's spot but wondering how the elk hunting is in 91. Thanks for any advice

Apply for the Type 6 tag. That's the only type of cow tag available to NR's in 91. Last year there were 28 tags available and 41 apps. Straight up random draw with no points being used. You'd apply for the reduced price cow/calf tag and it's about $300.

The difference is spelled out below in the G&F Regs. As you can see, the tag is good for the entire area with a rifle from 10/1-to 12/31, but the part designated for archery only applies on the latter date. Thus the reason for the asterisk since you can't hunt the NF in the designated area with archery on the January dates.
91 6 Oct. 1 Dec. 31 175 Limited quota Cow or calf

91 6 Jan. 1 Jan. 31 Cow or calf valid in the entire area.
Archery only in that portion of Area
91 south of Cedar Creek and east of
Muddy String Road (Lincoln
County Road 117), north of Lost
Creek Road (Lincoln County Road
120), and north of Lost Creek, off
national fores

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member