Wyoming Unit 90-1

MTnsheds

After following the Montana Unit 261 thread, I believe this discussion may seem a bit more plausible. After lots of debate, I chose to apply for Wyoming mule deer in unit 90 (east of Riverton - "Muskrat" unit). I had "max" points but did not have high expectations of drawing. Well ..I got lucky and drew the tag.

I am very excited and have been picking the brain of anyone who may know something about it. I have two scouting trips planned (August and September). I have killed a few respectable mule deer in Montana and hope to find one a bit better. I typically am a backpack hunter and the amount of roads in the unit concerns me a bit. I have scheduled two hunting trips at the beginning and end of the season (month of October). I plan on giving this hunt the effort it deserves.

Aside from the usual hunt strategies of glass a lot and find water, does anyone have any advice? Anyone familiar with the unit who would be willing to discuss terrain or regions?

Thanks in advance and hit me up with a PM if I can help with Montana hunts for you lucky tag holders.

Properly composed "please help me" post. I have no help to offer, but a humorous counterpoint to the 261 debacle. Best of luck on what I've heard is a great tag!

Anyone ever hunt antelope in Wyoming units 67 or 74 (overlap mule deer unit 90)? If so, any pointers based on mule deer observed while you were there?

Based on what I've seen, I think 90 is a bit over rated at least for the last couple years. But then which deer area in central Wyoming hasn't taken a hit. Maybe this years moisture will help...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back