Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Unit 59 elk......(general tag) ?

Firechaser524

Hi fellow elk hunters,

I am looking into hunting unit 59 on a general tag.....I see that the success rates are decent. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to PM me pictures of the country and elk. I read that the elk numbers are over objective. I'm not looking for anyone's "secret spot", just honest answers about questions like.....how are the bears, how's the hunting pressure, quality of bulls and bugle action. Thank you for your help and input!

A little about me, I'm a 37 year old elk hunter who thinks September should be 60 days long and two pay checks (once a month) to help feed my addition! I have two boys who already love to hunt at ages 6 and 8. I seem to like "earning" a shot opportunity, meaning they never come easy but I wouldn't have it any other way! Not afraid of bears, blisters or breaking in new boot leather........

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Welcome to the forum.

As for Unit 59, the most pertinent question is, "You a resident or non-resident?"

Since much of this is in Wilderness Area, that issue will impact you if you are a self-guided NR, especially if you plan to hunt before the migration; most often requiring the Type 1 LE permit for November.

Good luck.

WapitBob,

That's a great tip.......I already have the pictures safed on my computer. How about #6 and #8? Thanks for taking the time to reply. Hope you have a safe and Happy New Year and may the tag lotteries be on your side!

JT

Back