Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming unit 25 bull tag

Mountainguide

Has anyone hunted this unit for bull elk? How was the experience? Did you see many deer? I talked to the biologist a couple times and I was just curious how it turned out for anyone that hunted it. Thank you

I've hunted 25, 27 a couple times. Can you still hunt both and also are you hunting the archery or the rifle seasons? I've got info for 27 but not much for 25. Only spent an afternoon in 25 during the bow hunt and didn't see an elk.

It's the rifle tag. And you can still hunt both 25 and 27. I was thinking about hunting 25 and using 27 as a backup.

IMG_0164.jpg

This is my bull from 2013 out of 27. I personally haven't ever been there during the rifle hunt. Some friends had tags in 2008 that I went up and hunted with for 5 days on the archery and we were into elk almost everyday. They ended up going back on the rifle and filling 2 out of 3 tags on rag horns. They talked like there was a decent amount of other hunters on the rifle and talking with a local on my hunt that was just there camping waiting for the rifle hunt to start said the same. He also told me that later in the hunt the bigger bulls will show up out in the lower more open country like whats in 25 as they start to migrate. My hunt was rough. Out of 11 days of hunting it rained more than didn't and that was the biggest of 4 bulls that we got on. We saw 3 bears including one that decided to munch on my brand new cooler at 2 in the morning till I ran out and spooked him off. With that being said, if you end up on 27 in the timber I'd be bear ready. Wyoming is cool cause if you draw the rifle tag you can pay a little more and hunt all of September with a bow. If you are into archery I'd really consider it after the low amount of other hunters we saw on the bow hunt. If you want some info on 27 send me a PM and I'll share what I know about that country and a few spots to check. Good luck and hope to see some pictures of a Sweetwater bull.

Last edited:
Back