Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Unit 16 HELP!!!!!

Call the local numbers listed and ask for the region wardens cell #....keep it handy. Also call in landowners for rounding up antelope with 4wheelers, drones or vehicles and get it on video.

Those numbers listed are landline numbers. If it lets you leave a message you could ask for his/her cell. Most of the local PDs have or should have it.

Last edited:
This info for Wyoming:

You may have a difficult time getting the wardens cell phone number. If you need to contact them, you can call the local county sheriff's office (SO) and ask if they have radio contact with the warden. The SO should have radio contact with the warden via the statewide law enforcement radio system. Describe your issue to the SO dispatcher and they can relay the info to the warden. Depending on the situation and what the warden is dealing with at that moment the warden may be able to contact you pretty quickly or if they are involved with a time consuming issue it may be a while.

Oh, and the game warden contact info on the Game and Fish website lists their office land line numbers. During the hunting season you will rarely reach a game warden at that land line number.

ClearCreek

This info for Wyoming:

You may have a difficult time getting the wardens cell phone number. If you need to contact them, you can call the local county sheriff's office (SO) and ask if they have radio contact with the warden. The SO should have radio contact with the warden via the statewide law enforcement radio system. Describe your issue to the SO dispatcher and they can relay the info to the warden. Depending on the situation and what the warden is dealing with at that moment the warden may be able to contact you pretty quickly or if they are involved with a time consuming issue it may be a while.

Oh, and the game warden contact info on the Game and Fish website lists their office land line numbers. During the hunting season you will rarely reach a game warden at that land line number.

ClearCreek
I stopped at The Cheyenne F&G office last year on way to unit. Talking to the lady at the front desk she asked what unit I was hunting and wrote down the wardens names and cell numbers. She encouraged me to call them with any questions.

Not to be a d!(k, but how do you not figure this stuff out before applying for a tag?

Not OP. I apply for a lot of tags in a lot of states with minimal research. Often, have never set foot in the unit until day before the hunt opens. Nonetheless, I tend to fill the tags when draw.

How does it work for me? My first step as am getting ready to apply is to look at harvest rates of units I might be able to draw for the species then I take that subset and reduce for other factors such as if takes significantly more days to harvest than most units or time of season or weapon or age class etc. I eventually am down to 1 or 2 or 3 likely choices then will search the internet looking for discussion threads that discuss the hunt. If have to, will flip a coin or two. Then I apply. My odds may be almost 100% or as low as 1 in 50. The 30 minutes or so of research for that state/species/application choice is all I am investing until have a tag in hand.

Once I draw, I get a list of prior hunters from Huntin' Fool and Epic then do some calling and researching to nail down access, where closest fuel and ice is located, whether to hike in to camp or stay in motel, etc.

Works for me. Usually. But, I am happy with a 300" bull, 150" deer and 14" pronghorn and do not even need to get a shot off to enjoy the hunt.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back