Wyoming unit 125 Deer

ingomar

Drew a Wyoming unit 125 deer tag. Anyone have any info on this unit or suggestions? It will be a rifle hunt.

I quit applying for the 125 tag a couple years ago, as did a couple of my friends that live in Worland and Cody that know the unit well, because it really started going downhill and it is still being hyped up as a good unit when it no longer is. Several decent bucks will be taken every year and they will probably be on or near the private property along Gooseberry Creek and an occasional one is taken out in the middle of the unit that is badlands type country. About the best I can suggest is to get to high spots before daylight and glass until you go blind every day and you may spot one that lights your fire. That's the way we hunted it the last couple times up until about 2012 when we couldn't find a buck better than 140" and another guy shot him. Good luck!

Last edited:
Drew a Wyoming unit 125 deer tag. Anyone have any info on this unit or suggestions? It will be a rifle hunt.
How was this hunt? I have 10 points in WY and am thinking of dropping them this year on 125? Did you see many bucks or bucks with age class? I have heard mixed reviews!

Did you end up putting in for 125 ?
Not sure I would use 10 points there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back