wyoming points

pseshooter300

Ok im totally confused. I need someone to explain to me I thought that you could buy a PP even if you didn't put in for the draw. For instance I can't put in for the antelope draw for the antelope 2012 season but I was under the impression that I could buy a PP after the draw from July through September. Is this right? I was thinking if I can buy a point this year and be able to draw for 2013 with 1 point. I was also going to buy a point each year for a couple years for mule deer. Can I do this? Or am I going about this all wrong I was told i can go create a sportsman account and buy PP for the species I want to hunt. But then I was told different. Any info would be helpful

OK...I have a Wyoming question too....lol

On the application it allows you to pay extra and apply while buying a point at the same time. I was under the impression that you get a point if you don't draw your first choice. If you apply with the point option on the application and don't draw your first choice...do you end up with 2 points out of the deal?

I ask this because I'm going to apply to a unit that I know I can't draw for my first choice and get my second choice for the unit I plan on hunting, which is a unit that has OTC tags available each year. So, I'm doing it that way to gain a point...if my assumption is correct.

If you draw your first choice and you pay the fee, they refund the PP fee that you paid and you don't get a point. If you don't draw your first choice and you don't pay the fee, you don't get a PP, but you can still buy one in July. If you don't draw your first choice and you do pay the fee, you get one point.

I can buy the point online right?

correct it is very easy to do and if you have any questions while doing it just call the nice people at WY game and fish they are very helpful seriously some of the nicest people i have dealt with when it comes to western states game and fish depts

while we're on the topic...you get three choices for entelope draw....most guys i know usually focus on the first two and just throw a random zone for the 3rd choice because they want to ensure that the second choice is drawn. (if it's going to be close % )

the reason i ask about the 3rd choice..as a non-resident i have access to some private land in a zone i can pull 100% every year. there are two zones that i want to try for in sweetwater county and carbon county that i'd love to hunt though..as most guys would :)

if i put in for those two zones for my 1st and 2nd choice...and then the zone that i know i'll pull a tag for as my 3rd choice...will i still get the point if i don't get my 1st or 2nd choice but draw the 3rd....is that correct?

as always...thanks in advance :)

riggs

Here is a question for the experts bear with me.Last year I had 1 point plus bought a point when I applied and drew my first choice.Wy refunded 1 of my points and used my other.I now have zero points.My question is could I have bought a point after the drawing even though I was refunded my money?That way I would have a point for this year.

No, You can't draw a tag (first choice) and gain a point in the same year. Think of putting in for a (first choice) license the same as getting a point.... ish. If you don't draw and you have chosen the point option you get a point( as long as you pay for it), if you draw your first choice your points are all used up and you are back to square one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back