Wyoming Nonresidents

trophy_killer

My dad and I were thinking of applying for Wyoming deer next year. If you apply do you have to buy a license first or can you just apply for the hunt then if you draw buy the license and tag?? If you do have to buy a license and you don't draw do they keep your money or give you a refund?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I have sent in the last couple of years, but did not draw. I beleive all it cost was less than $10 for the drawing fee and the rest was returned.

I am sure someone else could give you better details, but this is a start anyway. Where are you looking at applying.

I'm not sure where we are going to apply. My dad mostly wanted to put in for any unit where we have good odds of drawing and good odds of decent sized bucks.

You have to choose either a staewide tag or a specific unit tag that is limited entry. You only get one chance. The odds on the statewide vary between 30% and 40%. The specific units tags range from less than 10% to excellent chance at drawing.

I would recommend the statewide tag for your first time in Wyo....it will give you more time to research where you want to hunt and most of the stae will be available to you.

You will have a March deadline for applying on Muley and atelope, and a January deadline for elk.....so if your seriously interested, start getting your duckies together, the deadlines are some of the earliest of any western state.

TK, send me your address and when the apps come out I will mail them to you. They come out approximately mid Dec. to the end of Dec.
You can apply for a Region General tag or a spacific hunt area. you can email you address to me at [email protected] if you want me to send them to you.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back