Wyoming M/S/G/B 2022

I got lucky with my 3rd bighorn tag!

Ewe won't believe this, but I might need help on this one....

Edit:
If any residents have the gros ventre ewe tag, I already have my(our) spot picked out. Please feel free to PM me. I'm looking for that Wyoming wilderness experience, so please don't make me shoot one from the road.

Last edited:
$15,421 in refunds headed my way. :( 2X Bison, 2X Sheep and 1X Goat. (only 1X Goat because I drew in 2014 so I can't apply anymore)

That means $385.53 of credit card fees to the credit card companies. It's a cost of applying but there are ways that it could be avoided including having an option of paying with an alternate payment method like Idaho, or actually completing the draw and refunding within one credit card cycle like New Mexico does. Sure wish Wyoming could get that figured out.

Last edited:
$15,421 in refunds headed my way. :( 2X Bison, 2X Sheep and 1X Goat. (only 1X Goat because I drew in 2014 so I can't apply anymore)

That means $385.53 of credit card fees to the credit card companies. It's a cost of applying but there are ways that it could be avoided including having an option of paying with an alternate payment method like Idaho, or actually completing the draw and refunding within one credit card cycle like New Mexico does. Sure wish Wyoming could get that figured out.
What’s the alternate payment method in Idaho? I must have missed that detail.

What’s the alternate payment method in Idaho? I must have missed that detail.
You used to be able to send a check in to an IDFG office with your worksheet. That changed a few years ago. You can still apply through a regular license vendor in person but I don’t want to fly to Idaho to do that. I haven’t checked to see if I could have someone in Idaho do it for me but that would still be a hassle.

You used to be able to send a check in to an IDFG office with your worksheet. That changed a few years ago. You can still apply through a regular license vendor in person but I don’t want to fly to Idaho to do that. I haven’t checked to see if I could have someone in Idaho do it for me but that would still be a hassle.
I hadn't applied in a couple years and used to send in the check. Didn't realize I couldn't do that anymore. Montana used to let you send in a cashiers check when you had to pay their fees up front but now they don't make you pay up front anymore.

I hadn't applied in a couple years and used to send in the check. Didn't realize I couldn't do that anymore. Montana used to let you send in a cashiers check when you had to pay their fees up front but now they don't make you pay up front anymore.
I am pretty sure I used to send an annual check to Wyoming, too. I don’t really like paying a fee for the department’s “convenience,” but I guess it is what it is.

Back