Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming left overs

Ridge Runner

Well didn't make the draw so looking into the leftovers and have no idea where to start looking. Anybody have any ideas on an area to start with? Would be driving out from Virginia so anything in the middle or eastern side of wyoming would work. Areas with public land?? Any help would be appreciated.

"Well didn't make the draw so looking into the leftovers and have no idea where to start looking."

Try the Wyoming web site.

"Anybody have any ideas on an area to start with?"

It might be good to start with an area that has a lot of tags. (see above)

"Would be driving out from Virginia so anything in the middle or eastern side of wyoming would work. Areas with public land??"

Yes, good idea, I bet there's unit with tags there. (see above) ET landed in one of those units, remember that movie? I think it was him? The Devil's Tower, I think that's what they call that place.

"Any help would be appreciated."

Why don't you come to Texas? We have lots of hunting.

Last edited:
tarheel

Left you a reply yesterday, but when submitting it a cyber anomaly took it, so here goes another.
I've drawn successfully for area 23, and as of yesterday morning there were 1081 either sex tags left over. The public land is scarce, but there is a block of BLM land about 30mi SSW of Gillette which I think can be accessed from I-90 without having to pay trespass fees, but can't be sure. Perhaps some of the talkers from the area might be able to help. There are 50/60 sections of it and last year there were about 6 sections of walk-in private land which abuts the BLM, but the WGF web site is being updated as I write this,( supposed to be complete tomorrow), so don't know if that property is in the walk-in program this season or not.
I normally practice fair chase, but since I haven't hunted Wy. in 35 years and things have changed so much, especially my age; I've compromised my principles and contracted to hunt private land for a kill fee in order to fill our tags. I didn't want to drive 2000 miles only to have to observe goats from the Interstate with little chance to harvest.
Since landowners don't have to grant access to PUBLIC (BLM) land as is the case with National Forest, it restricts the likes of us to whatever we can scratch out, but on the whole it might be best, for I've seen many examples of some of the yoyo's who go afield under the guise of "hunter".
Give them a couple of days and try the GF web site. It's very comprehensive and user-friendly; a tip of the hat to it's originators. If you don't have maps and don't want to order from the BLM, the De LORME atlas for Wy. can be picked up at most good booksellers or from a map and chart store where available. It shows private & public land, only not with the detail as the BLM maps.
Best of luck, and leave some for seed!

Area 45 and Area 44 have leftovers and there are some nice animals in both and both have hunter management areas that you can apply for and hunt. if you pick one of those two areas let me know. i would be more then happy to show you around.

Area 45 and Area 44 have leftovers and there are some nice animals in both and both have hunter management areas that you can apply for and hunt. if you pick one of those two areas let me know. i would be more then happy to show you around.

Are these archery or rifle or both areas? I need to take a look at the WYO G&F website.

Are leftover tags available now?

you can hunt both with a rifle or bow bow opens August 15th for both areas less pressure if you archery hunt... for rifle it opens September 11th. and yes the type 1 tags are on sale now....

Are the odds of taking a decent buck with a bow any good? That's a long drive from here......

Guys thanks for all the information it helps a great deal. I was just on the site and reading about the youth tags. Is it true that if you are under 18 you are considered a youth? My son turns 18 in November so that sounds great if true. A little savings helps in these times.

you can hunt both with a rifle or bow bow opens August 15th for both areas less pressure if you archery hunt... for rifle it opens September 11th. and yes the type 1 tags are on sale now....

I picked up a Antelope 45 tag. Looking at Strouss Hill HMA. Anybody have any advice? Hooked up with a fellow Hunt Talker for my first trip out west. Can't wait. This will be an archery trip.

Come on.... No one taking the bait ? Geeesh.... ;)

Hey, baiting is legal in this state, don't knock it, ok? Any ideas on how to bait a UFO?

I think my game camera got a picture of one???!!!!:)

"Are the odds of taking a decent buck with a bow any good? That's a long drive from here......"

Find a water hole with cover and hope it doesn't rain, or snow (its Wyoming and they have that stuff I hear) right before you hunt it.

Last edited:
Start practicing with your bow!!!I'll call you later tonight.you will see your share of antelope.Weather you can hit them or not only you know.You'll get to see some nice country either way

Back