Wyoming HMA applications

bpitt

So yesterday, at 8am Mountain time, was to have been the application period for HMA's in Wyoming (2nd Monday in July). I logged in at 9am Central (8 Mountain). I could not apply. I clicked on the link for the specific HMA I was after and it said that applications would be today (Tuesday, the 13th) at 8am Mountain. So, I just logged in at 7am Central (6am Mountain) to view the HMA info again, and now the applications have been taken. When did they open? Yesterday they said they wouldn't open till today? What gives? Anyone else notice this?

Not sure when they opened(thought yesterday) but i did apply for 1 thats a draw and registered for my other unlimited this morning.

Not sure when they opened(thought yesterday) but i did apply for 1 thats a draw and registered for my other unlimited this morning.
Yeah, they were to open at 8am yesterday, but I was logged in waiting. I stayed logged in until about 9am, refreshing the page, and finally I clicked for more info and it said that applications would not be accepted until today, the 13th, but when I logged in early this morning, they've now taken the applications. I'm just confused.

The site says 10 am MDT on the 12th, not 8 am. Anyways, if its a first-come first-serve HMA, those typically don't open until later in the year...each one has its own opening date. For example, on that I plan to try to get doesn't accept applications until mid-November. If I were you I would pull up the HMA Ranch Rules for the HMA that you're looking at and see what date applications will open.

I went a backdoor way of clicking on general public access page and then clicked link in a section about HMA's. Was able to get one for everyone in my party. This was at 1:20pm eastern time. Also looked at list where limited number and only a few in each hma had been picked up. The main hma banner worked for my dad at 430 pm eastern time. It didn't for me at 10:12 mountain time. Glad I got them done even though unlimited for the ones we got. Now to find a place to eat in Casper.

So if I understand correctly, you can apply for a limited HMA let’s say that has 20 or so permits. If unsuccessful you can then sign up for an unlimited HMA? Can you hunt more than 1 unlimited HMA?

So if I understand correctly, you can apply for a limited HMA let’s say that has 20 or so permits. If unsuccessful you can then sign up for an unlimited HMA? Can you hunt more than 1 unlimited HMA?

Yes.

Wonder if these western states can make it any more discouraging to try to hunt there???
So opening up private lands for public hunting is discouraging ? Care to explain how this is discouraging? Apps for HMAs are pretty easy and as stated some have unlimited permits for access, sorry that discourages you from applying.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back