Wyoming Golden Trout?????

haiku_rodney

I am going to Cody Wyoming in September to go trout fishing. I found out that Wyoming has Golden Trout. Anybody know if there are any lakes around Cody that has them. From the pictures I have seen, it looks like it would be a fun thing to do.

how far are you willing to drive? There are few lakes in the wyoming beartooths which are northwest of cody.

I just looked at the map. I did some fishing on the Clark's Fork last year. The beartooths look like a couple of hours past that. That's definitely within reason.

I'll shoot you a PM when I get home with a couple of lakes

There are goldens in the beartooths, but none of them are within driving distance. They are all hikes into alpine lakes. These are not low altitude either, the Beartooths are 10k ft plus. You also need to unerstand the volatitily of the weather. Snow storms, thunderstorms, hail, are all very likely in September. I say all of this just so you are prepapred.

There are goldens in the beartooths, but none of them are within driving distance. They are all hikes into alpine lakes. These are not low altitude either, the Beartooths are 10k ft plus. You also need to unerstand the volatitily of the weather. Snow storms, thunderstorms, hail, are all very likely in September. I say all of this just so you are prepapred.

There is 1 lake with goldens within a stones throw of the highway..................

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back