MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming general tag or something else.

Rhcuam

After reading the thread about burning points I am already doing some research for next year. I’ll have 5 points for next year it seems like the general tag is most recommend. Another unit that caught my eye was the 100-2 on the Farson-Eden Irrigation Project.
Did anyone have an experience with that you would share on here or through pm?

I put in for the unit 100 tag this year (as a resident though) and didn't draw it but got a general tag as second choice and just tonight managed to harvest a nice bull. A lot of research went into trying for the unit 100 tag and it sounds like it would be a great experience but I'm really happy with my general tag hunt.

Just get the gen tag, you won’t regret it if any bull is what you seek. Tagged out on my bull on day two in a gen tag unit this year. Now, my criteria was simply a branch antlered bull, so if you’re looking for something super special maybe hold off for a LE unit, but for me the gen unit hunting was fantastic for my expectations.

looking into applying next year for the farsen eden irrigation project rifle tag, does anyone have any experience hunting with that tag? care to share what you thought of it? ive got 4 points currently as a NR and am not looking for a monster bull, any branch antlered bull would make me incredibly happy. any info or experience you can share is greatly appreciated!

I'm looking at doing a doe hunt with my kid on the Farson-Eden Irrigation Project in WY, but have no clue what this means and can't find any info on it?

You can hunt the BOR land unless it is posted is what it reads on the F&G website.

Yikes. Does it really take 5 points to get a general tag in Wyoming these days? You'd think you could get into a limited draw unit with 5. I did with 6, though i went through the Special Draw instead of the regular draw. That might be worth it if you are willing to spend the extra money.

Yikes. Does it really take 5 points to get a general tag in Wyoming these days? You'd think you could get into a limited draw unit with 5. I did with 6, though i went through the Special Draw instead of the regular draw. That might be worth it if you are willing to spend the extra money.
Pretty close to 5. It took 4 to be guaranteed at tag in the regular and 3 only had a 45% success rate in the special. About the only limited draw units you'll get with less than that are antlerless tags. A lot of the limited draw type 1 tags are well into the teens for points to draw.

I’m in the same boat, trying to decide if I spend money and get a pref point again this year. That will put me at 6. Wondering if a general tag would be better or if I should try for a 6 point unit.

Have you decided on what you are gonna do? I know that the type 2 hunts have antler restrictions. There are a couple different ones I’m looking at and considering

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back